has anyone ever tried...

to replace the Music with their own music? I see that the music files
are mp3 Files, has anyone tried replacing them I know after a while I
get tired of the same music over and over.

Bic

Bruce in Cleveland wrote:

> to replace the Music with their own music? I see that the music files
> are mp3 Files, has anyone tried replacing them I know after a while I
> get tired of the same music over and over.
>
> Bic

i turn all the sound of and run with winamp in the background...

--
Eps

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 16:37:43 +0100, burchill <burchill@btinternet.com>
wrote:

>Bruce in Cleveland wrote:
>
>> to replace the Music with their own music? I see that the music files
>> are mp3 Files, has anyone tried replacing them I know after a while I
>> get tired of the same music over and over.
>>
>> Bic
>
>i turn all the sound of and run with winamp in the background...

I've not had any luck getting winamp to run with civ 3, I've always
doent it with C2TOT and SMAC but winamp always crashes with civ3
(both winamp 2.91 and 5.03)

"Bruce in Cleveland" <brucemorrison216@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> to replace the Music with their own music? I see that the music files
> are mp3 Files, has anyone tried replacing them I know after a while I
> get tired of the same music over and over.
>
> Bic

I can live with almost all the existing music EXCEPT that damn modern kenny
g or whatever it is. Maybe i'll try some judas priest.

> On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 16:37:43 +0100, burchill
> <burchill@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>>Bruce in Cleveland wrote:
>>
>>> to replace the Music with their own music? I see that the music
>>> files are mp3 Files, has anyone tried replacing them I know
>>> after a while I get tired of the same music over and over.
>>>
>>> Bic
>>
>>i turn all the sound of and run with winamp in the background...
>
> I've not had any luck getting winamp to run with civ 3, I've
> always doent it with C2TOT and SMAC but winamp always crashes with
> civ3 (both winamp 2.91 and 5.03)

I would say there is something wrong with your system. Is there a
difference if you use wave or directsound output with Winamp?
I have never had any problems running Winamp 2.81 with Civ. I like
to run it in windowshade mode so I have easy access to the playlist in-
game.

--
ICQ: 8105495
AIM: KeeperGFA

"The Stare" <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> schreef in bericht

> "Bruce in Cleveland" <brucemorrison216@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > to replace the Music with their own music? I see that the music files
> > are mp3 Files, has anyone tried replacing them I know after a while I
> > get tired of the same music over and over.
> >
> > Bic
>
> I can live with almost all the existing music EXCEPT that damn modern
kenny
> g or whatever it is. Maybe i'll try some judas priest.

lol! Maybe they should add some Iggy Pop, U2 and wacko jacko as well...

Personal note: add Joy Division, GBH, Ramones and Dead kennedy's

"Bruce in Cleveland" <brucemorrison216@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> to replace the Music with their own music? I see that the music files
> are mp3 Files, has anyone tried replacing them I know after a while I
> get tired of the same music over and over.

Hmmm..... How about a stereo system? Or I seem to remember an even older
technology called a "Radio", I think?

Tc

Nakon sto sam otpio gutljaj zuje i odlozio bocu na stol, osjetio sam se
spremnim procitati sto je Sun, 27 Jun 2004 15:43:48 GMT napisao/la Bruce in
Cleveland:

> I've not had any luck getting winamp to run with civ 3, I've always
> doent it with C2TOT and SMAC but winamp always crashes with civ3
> (both winamp 2.91 and 5.03)

Did you try w/ older winamps?
i never updated past 2.77 and it always worked
well on multiple OSs (incl. 2000pro), and i have
lousy computer (800mhz)...

--
___ Now Playing: Tankard - Close Encounter
\|/ .' '. \|/ ______ _______ ______ _______ _ _

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 19:00:04 +0200, Seb3k <ivan.kilic@public.srce.hr>
wrote:

>Nakon sto sam otpio gutljaj zuje i odlozio bocu na stol, osjetio sam se
>spremnim procitati sto je Sun, 27 Jun 2004 15:43:48 GMT napisao/la Bruce in
>Cleveland:
>
>> I've not had any luck getting winamp to run with civ 3, I've always
>> doent it with C2TOT and SMAC but winamp always crashes with civ3
>> (both winamp 2.91 and 5.03)
>
>Did you try w/ older winamps?
>i never updated past 2.77 and it always worked
>well on multiple OSs (incl. 2000pro), and i have
>lousy computer (800mhz)...

Oldest I have available is 2.91

Nakon sto sam otpio gutljaj zuje i odlozio bocu na stol, osjetio sam se
spremnim procitati sto je Thu, 01 Jul 2004 03:45:58 GMT napisao/la Bruce in
Cleveland:

> Oldest I have available is 2.91

Do you have a FTP?
I can upload one of the older versions.
I cant email it cause im on 56k and my provider
only allows like 0,5MB attachments...

--
___ Now Playing: Kalmah - The Blind Leader
\|/ .' '. \|/ ______ _______ ______ _______ _ _
\ '-U-' /
\/beelj\/ ----www.drustvoribar.netfirms.com----

I run MusicMatch in the background. The cool thing is, I can listen to
Savatage and Beethoven and still hear the game sound FX (until they get old
halfway through Ancient Times and I cut them off)
It's been my experience that trying to replace or add files within any game
(excepting the Sims, which runs great with added MP3's) almost always causes
problems. It's almost as if the programmers don't WANT you to tinker with
it.

Seb3k wrote:

> Nakon sto sam otpio gutljaj zuje i odlozio bocu na stol, osjetio sam
> se spremnim procitati sto je Thu, 01 Jul 2004 03:45:58 GMT napisao/la
> Bruce in Cleveland:
>
> > Oldest I have available is 2.91
>
> Do you have a FTP?
> I can upload one of the older versions.
> I cant email it cause im on 56k and my provider
> only allows like 0,5MB attachments...

Geeze! Sign up for Hotmail, they are increasing the inbox to 250 MB
and attachments to 10 MB and that's just for the free accounts.

Rob

Bruce in Cleveland wrote:

> to replace the Music with their own music? I see that the music files
> are mp3 Files, has anyone tried replacing them I know after a while I
> get tired of the same music over and over.
>
> Bic

Never tried it, but, it should be possible. You will probably have to
rename your mp3 files to the same names you are replacing exactly so
that the program can call them up. That would mean you would have to
listen to each on the original files and decide what you are going to
replace it with so that there is some constancy as different types of
music are called up in different ages and also to ensure you are not
replacing event sounds as all the sounds have names that are not very
descriptive. A job for someone with time on their hands.

Rob

Bruce in Cleveland wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 16:37:43 +0100, burchill <burchill@btinternet.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Bruce in Cleveland wrote:
> >
> >> to replace the Music with their own music? I see that the music
> files >> are mp3 Files, has anyone tried replacing them I know after
> a while I >> get tired of the same music over and over.
> >>
> >> Bic
> >
> > i turn all the sound of and run with winamp in the background...
>
> I've not had any luck getting winamp to run with civ 3, I've always
> doent it with C2TOT and SMAC but winamp always crashes with civ3
> (both winamp 2.91 and 5.03)

Winamp is an odd program, I've always found it a bit temperamental on
my system. I've brought this up on other newsgroups and evidently two
people can have the same system and set-up, but, one person can run
winamp, the other keeps getting crashes. No one seems to know why this
happens, but, it does.

If winamp causes a problem with Civ (possibly due to winamp being
resource hungry) try Media Player Classic. MPC is very light weight,
not resource hungry, doesn't install so doesn't mess up the registry,
keeps its preferences etc. in an ini file, plays virtually all music
and video formats and is free.

Rob

On 10 Jul 2004 19:00:21 GMT, "Canopus" <BNRAGMAOKKXT@spammotel.com>
wrote:

>Seb3k wrote:
>
>> Nakon sto sam otpio gutljaj zuje i odlozio bocu na stol, osjetio sam
>> se spremnim procitati sto je Thu, 01 Jul 2004 03:45:58 GMT napisao/la
>> Bruce in Cleveland:
>>
>> > Oldest I have available is 2.91
>>
>> Do you have a FTP?
>> I can upload one of the older versions.
>> I cant email it cause im on 56k and my provider
>> only allows like 0,5MB attachments...
>
>Geeze! Sign up for Hotmail, they are increasing the inbox to 250 MB
>and attachments to 10 MB and that's just for the free accounts.
>
>Rob

I already have a 2G Yahoo Box

spremnim procitati sto je 10 Jul 2004 19:00:22 GMT napisao/la Canopus:

> Never tried it, but, it should be possible. You will probably have to
> rename your mp3 files to the same names you are replacing exactly so
> that the program can call them up.

It would be a problem if Civ checkes the size of the files...

--
Make tractors -- not war!

Nakon sto sam otpio gutljaj zuje i odlozio bocu na stol, osjetio sam se
spremnim procitati sto je Sun, 11 Jul 2004 04:15:47 GMT napisao/la Bruce in
Cleveland:

>>Geeze! Sign up for Hotmail, they are increasing the inbox to 250 MB
>>and attachments to 10 MB and that's just for the free accounts.
>
> I already have a 2G Yahoo Box

What good would that do - On 56k ;-x

Im planing to get some sort of cable after the summer though.

--
___ Now Playing: A jebiga, nemrem uvijek...
\|/ .' '. \|/ ______ _______ ______ _______ _ _
\ '-U-' /
\/beelj\/ ----www.drustvoribar.netfirms.com----

Around 7/13/2004 5:42 AM, Seb3k proclaimed for posterity:

>>>Geeze! Sign up for Hotmail, they are increasing the inbox to 250 MB
>>>and attachments to 10 MB and that's just for the free accounts.
>>
>>I already have a 2G Yahoo Box
>

> What good would that do - On 56k ;-x

Actually, that would be one of the best places FOR a large email
account. I have one of the 1G free Google Gmail accounts and have made
it my default for family simply because of their tendency to send me
huge, inane emails that they are SURE I'll just love containing movie
clips, powerpoint presentations, et cetera.

This way my earthlink email account doesn't become maxed out and start
rejecting messages, and I can decide whether to actually download the
attachment or not (usually not).

--
Brandon Supernaw - <brandon.public@earthlink.net>

I once replaced the title music with the Bridge of Khazak Dhum (sp?)
from LotR. Much cooler to be blasted with that when the title comes up
than the stock stuff.

--Hank