quickie questions on wonders and sentry and exploring

Refering to Civ3 Conquests for these questions:

1. How does one find out what wonders have been built and where?
In present game, I obtained 'navigation' tech, but none of my cities have
the option 'Magellan's Voyage' listed afterwards [coastal or otherwise].
Can't find where to check if another Civ in game has built this
already...thusly the question arose. Why else might I not be able to build
Magellan's Voyage(only pre-req in civilpedia is 'navigation')?

2. What exactly is the advantage/disadvantage of stationing a unit under the
'sentry' button or the 'fortify' button? I've yet to use the explore
button...uses? [similarly, never could understand why the 'explorer' unit
is available in medieval ages when most of the world has been 'uncovered'
from fog...by some civ anyway; anyone ever found a use for that unit?].
21 answers Last reply
More about quickie questions wonders sentry exploring
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:47:41 -0400, "tooly" <rdh11@bellsouth.net>
    wrote:

    >Refering to Civ3 Conquests for these questions:
    >
    >1. How does one find out what wonders have been built and where?
    >In present game, I obtained 'navigation' tech, but none of my cities have
    >the option 'Magellan's Voyage' listed afterwards [coastal or otherwise].
    >Can't find where to check if another Civ in game has built this
    >already...thusly the question arose. Why else might I not be able to build
    >Magellan's Voyage(only pre-req in civilpedia is 'navigation')?

    The F7 key shows who is building and owns each of the wonders.

    >2. What exactly is the advantage/disadvantage of stationing a unit under the
    >'sentry' button or the 'fortify' button? I've yet to use the explore
    >button...uses? [similarly, never could understand why the 'explorer' unit
    >is available in medieval ages when most of the world has been 'uncovered'
    >from fog...by some civ anyway; anyone ever found a use for that unit?].

    Fortify adds to the defense strength. I use it when protecting
    attacking units with a defensive one. It can also reserve a key
    square to prevent the AI from going there. Say for instance if you
    only have one road in or out then fortifying units can reserve you the
    road. Once fortified the unit is taken out of the loop. So you will
    not be asked to move it again. If you are not using the unit that is
    a good thing. If you have a tendency to forget where you left them
    than that can be a bad thing.

    I have never used sentry/explore. Sentry is supposed to attack
    passing units. I was never sure if that was only enemy units or not.
    I prefer to move my units around myself. I never use the explorer
    units. It is easier to trade maps.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    wrote:

    >Refering to Civ3 Conquests for these questions:
    >
    >1. How does one find out what wonders have been built and where?
    >In present game, I obtained 'navigation' tech, but none of my cities have
    >the option 'Magellan's Voyage' listed afterwards [coastal or otherwise].
    >Can't find where to check if another Civ in game has built this
    >already...thusly the question arose. Why else might I not be able to build
    >Magellan's Voyage(only pre-req in civilpedia is 'navigation')?

    F7 -- shows all wonders, both built and in progress. Magellan's
    Voyage requires a seacoast city, one able to build a harbor. If you
    are playing some of the Conquests, it may require something else -- I
    know that they do change requirements for some wonders there.

    >2. What exactly is the advantage/disadvantage of stationing a unit under the
    >'sentry' button or the 'fortify' button? I've yet to use the explore
    >button...uses? [similarly, never could understand why the 'explorer' unit
    >is available in medieval ages when most of the world has been 'uncovered'
    >from fog...by some civ anyway; anyone ever found a use for that unit?].

    Fortify improves unit defense (I've heard that Sentry does as well).
    The difference is that units on Sentry will "wake up" if an enemy
    moves next to them, making it easier for you to use them to attack,
    while fortify will not.

    Explore button is OK to use when there are huge black areas and you
    want to clear them, and have no particular special place you want to
    look. The unit assigned will do the job eventually.

    The explorer isn't much good at exploring the unknown areas, as you
    notice. But it has great movement potential, which makes it an
    effective, if low powered, raider/occupying unit -- because it *can*
    pillage. So it is a wonderful tool to rip apart enemy infrastructure,
    especially on tough terrain like mountains. Moving two squares in and
    pillaging isn't an option open for other units. You will lose them,
    but OTOH the enemy will put its units into bad positions taking them
    out.

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "> >2. What exactly is the advantage/disadvantage of stationing a unit
    under the
    > >'sentry' button or the 'fortify' button? I've yet to use the
    explore
    > >button...uses? [similarly, never could understand why the 'explorer'
    unit
    > >is available in medieval ages when most of the world has been
    'uncovered'
    > >from fog...by some civ anyway; anyone ever found a use for that
    unit?].

    > Fortify adds to the defense strength. I use it when protecting
    > attacking units with a defensive one. It can also reserve a key
    > square to prevent the AI from going there. Say for instance if you
    > only have one road in or out then fortifying units can reserve you the
    > road. Once fortified the unit is taken out of the loop. So you will
    > not be asked to move it again. If you are not using the unit that is
    > a good thing. If you have a tendency to forget where you left them
    > than that can be a bad thing.
    >
    > I have never used sentry/explore. Sentry is supposed to attack
    > passing units. I was never sure if that was only enemy units or not.
    > I prefer to move my units around myself. I never use the explorer
    > units. It is easier to trade maps.

    Sentry doesn't have fortify bonus. Sentry will wake up if any unit
    comes into view. You are therefore made more aware of the movement
    (especially if you have animations off). I have never seen my sentries
    attack others. I shall read up. I have found a sentry useful early in
    the game sat on a mountain watching for others. I prefer this to
    wasting a worker building an Outpost. Sentry is the closest you can
    have to patrol function for ships. You will be reminded during your
    turn where abouts another unit passed one of yours.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "tooly" <rdh11@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > Refering to Civ3 Conquests for these questions:
    >
    > 1. How does one find out what wonders have been built and where?
    > In present game, I obtained 'navigation' tech, but none of my cities have
    > the option 'Magellan's Voyage' listed afterwards [coastal or otherwise].
    > Can't find where to check if another Civ in game has built this
    > already...thusly the question arose. Why else might I not be able to
    build
    > Magellan's Voyage(only pre-req in civilpedia is 'navigation')?
    >

    > 2. What exactly is the advantage/disadvantage of stationing a unit under
    the
    > 'sentry' button or the 'fortify' button? I've yet to use the explore
    > button...uses? [similarly, never could understand why the 'explorer' unit
    > is available in medieval ages when most of the world has been 'uncovered'
    > from fog...by some civ anyway; anyone ever found a use for that unit?].

    Great answers; thanks. F7 was what I was looking for on the wonders thingy.
    Couldn't find in civilpedia or manual, but probably there.

    On the fortify and sentry, how do they affect a unit 'healing'? Will a unit
    still heal if on sentry (and in own territory or city).
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "Jeffery S. Jones" <jeffsj@execpc.com> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:47:41 -0400, "tooly" <rdh11@bellsouth.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Refering to Civ3 Conquests for these questions:
    > >
    > >1. How does one find out what wonders have been built and where?
    > >In present game, I obtained 'navigation' tech, but none of my cities have
    > >the option 'Magellan's Voyage' listed afterwards [coastal or otherwise].
    > >Can't find where to check if another Civ in game has built this
    > >already...thusly the question arose. Why else might I not be able to
    build
    > >Magellan's Voyage(only pre-req in civilpedia is 'navigation')?
    >
    > F7 -- shows all wonders, both built and in progress. Magellan's
    > Voyage requires a seacoast city, one able to build a harbor. If you
    > are playing some of the Conquests, it may require something else -- I
    > know that they do change requirements for some wonders there.
    >
    > >2. What exactly is the advantage/disadvantage of stationing a unit under
    the
    > >'sentry' button or the 'fortify' button? I've yet to use the explore
    > >button...uses? [similarly, never could understand why the 'explorer'
    unit
    > >is available in medieval ages when most of the world has been 'uncovered'
    > >from fog...by some civ anyway; anyone ever found a use for that unit?].
    >
    > Fortify improves unit defense (I've heard that Sentry does as well).
    > The difference is that units on Sentry will "wake up" if an enemy
    > moves next to them, making it easier for you to use them to attack,
    > while fortify will not.
    >
    > Explore button is OK to use when there are huge black areas and you
    > want to clear them, and have no particular special place you want to
    > look. The unit assigned will do the job eventually.
    >
    > The explorer isn't much good at exploring the unknown areas, as you
    > notice. But it has great movement potential, which makes it an
    > effective, if low powered, raider/occupying unit -- because it *can*
    > pillage. So it is a wonderful tool to rip apart enemy infrastructure,
    > especially on tough terrain like mountains. Moving two squares in and
    > pillaging isn't an option open for other units. You will lose them,
    > but OTOH the enemy will put its units into bad positions taking them
    > out.

    Ah, explorer for pillaging and diversion tactics. I always wondered why
    that unit was made available so late in the game. Just for realism, maybe a
    scenario could be created where a big part of the map doesn't come open for
    discovery until circa 1600's or so. One thing I always liked about,
    hmm...at least Civ1 ...that there was
    always undiscovered territory all the way until near the end of the game.
    Of course, new cities always trailed behind in development...hardly
    representitive of the 'real' New World.

    Which brings to mind another question. I've been sending settlers to slow
    growing cities and having them 'join'...but usually the benefits are erased
    in one or two turns due to starvation. Hardly worth the effort...or no?
    Any opinions or strategies on how to get a slow growing or new city up to
    snuff with rest of one's civ?
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    In article <SMeEc.29$LL5.7@bignews1.bellsouth.net>, "tooly" <rdh11@bellsouth.net> wrote:
    <snip>

    >Which brings to mind another question. I've been sending settlers to slow
    >growing cities and having them 'join'...but usually the benefits are erased
    >in one or two turns due to starvation. Hardly worth the effort...or no?
    >Any opinions or strategies on how to get a slow growing or new city up to
    >snuff with rest of one's civ?

    Plan A:

    1) Maximize food production. Basically irrigate tiles to increase their food
    production. I find that irrigating _all_ the plains tiles is a good idea. If
    the city is coastal then you will want a harbor.

    2) Increase happiness. If the city lacks happiness buildings (Temples,
    Marketplaces, and Cathedrals) then some of the citizens may be entertainers
    and not workers. By increasing happiness you can put the entertainers back to
    work. Some governments allow for Military Police to increase happiness.

    Plan B:

    Switch to Communism, Fascism, or Feudalism and pop rush units or buildings in
    cities that have grow to their maximum size.

    Mike G
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    > On the fortify and sentry, how do they affect a unit 'healing'?
    > Will a unit still heal if on sentry (and in own territory or
    > city).

    If in the wild, a unit on sentry or fortify will wake once fully
    healed. The healing rate is the same.

    --
    ICQ: 8105495
    AIM: KeeperGFA

    "Caesar" <caesar.of.rome@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

    > "> >2. What exactly is the advantage/disadvantage of stationing a unit
    > under the
    > > >'sentry' button or the 'fortify' button? I've yet to use the
    > explore
    > > >button...uses? [similarly, never could understand why the 'explorer'
    > unit
    > > >is available in medieval ages when most of the world has been
    > 'uncovered'
    > > >from fog...by some civ anyway; anyone ever found a use for that
    > unit?].
    > >
    > > Fortify adds to the defense strength. I use it when protecting
    > > attacking units with a defensive one. It can also reserve a key
    > > square to prevent the AI from going there. Say for instance if you
    > > only have one road in or out then fortifying units can reserve you the
    > > road. Once fortified the unit is taken out of the loop. So you will
    > > not be asked to move it again. If you are not using the unit that is
    > > a good thing. If you have a tendency to forget where you left them
    > > than that can be a bad thing.
    > >
    > > I have never used sentry/explore. Sentry is supposed to attack
    > > passing units. I was never sure if that was only enemy units or not.
    > > I prefer to move my units around myself. I never use the explorer
    > > units. It is easier to trade maps.
    >
    > Sentry doesn't have fortify bonus. Sentry will wake up if any unit
    > comes into view. You are therefore made more aware of the movement
    > (especially if you have animations off). I have never seen my sentries
    > attack others. I shall read up. I have found a sentry useful early in
    > the game sat on a mountain watching for others. I prefer this to
    > wasting a worker building an Outpost. Sentry is the closest you can
    > have to patrol function for ships. You will be reminded during your
    > turn where abouts another unit passed one of yours.

    Sentry does have the fortify bonus. The way to tell if any unit is recieving
    the fortify bonus looking to see if there is a bold white outline around the
    HP bar.

    A sentried unit will only wake if a passing unit ends its turn next to the
    sentry.

    A sentried unit that has ZOC ability will excercise it. Even a unit that has
    used all it's movement points will.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    > Ah, explorer for pillaging and diversion tactics. I always wondered why
    > that unit was made available so late in the game. Just for realism, maybe
    > scenario could be created where a big part of the map doesn't come open
    for
    > discovery until circa 1600's or so. One thing I always liked about,
    > hmm...at least Civ1 ...that there was
    > always undiscovered territory all the way until near the end of the game.
    > Of course, new cities always trailed behind in development...hardly
    > representitive of the 'real' New World.

    C3C moved map trading to Navigation and explorers to Astronomy. This makes
    them a bit more useful for exploring but thier true strength is moving 5
    tiles and then pillaging :) If there are enough other threats within reach,
    the AI *may* ignore it and you might get it back next turn.

    > Which brings to mind another question. I've been sending settlers to slow
    > growing cities and having them 'join'...but usually the benefits are
    erased
    > in one or two turns due to starvation. Hardly worth the effort...or no?
    > Any opinions or strategies on how to get a slow growing or new city up to
    > snuff with rest of one's civ?

    Workers are a better way to grow out cities. 10 shields less for the same
    pop increase.
    It generally does no good to grow a city beyond what the available food will
    support. It will just starve as you noticed. Workers also allow you to just
    add that 1 more pop that the city needs instead of wasting a settler.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "The Stare" <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote in

    > "tooly" <rdh11@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> Which brings to mind another question. I've been sending
    >> settlers to slow growing cities and having them 'join'...but
    >> usually the benefits are
    > erased
    >> in one or two turns due to starvation. Hardly worth the
    >> effort...or no? Any opinions or strategies on how to get a slow
    >> growing or new city up to snuff with rest of one's civ?
    >
    > Workers are a better way to grow out cities. 10 shields less for
    > the same pop increase.
    > It generally does no good to grow a city beyond what the available
    > food will support. It will just starve as you noticed. Workers
    > also allow you to just add that 1 more pop that the city needs
    > instead of wasting a settler.

    Workers are the best way to grow cities. At pop 7 and above, cities
    take more food to grow. If you have a "worker factory" city that
    continually produces workers which you add to other cities then you can
    save money on granaries, and grow your population faster.

    --
    ICQ: 8105495
    AIM: KeeperGFA
    EMail: thekeeper@canada.com
    "If we did the things we are capable of,
    we would astound ourselves." - Edison
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:21:11 -0400, "tooly" <rdh11@bellsouth.net>
    wrote:

    >Ah, explorer for pillaging and diversion tactics. I always wondered why
    >that unit was made available so late in the game. Just for realism, maybe a
    >scenario could be created where a big part of the map doesn't come open for
    >discovery until circa 1600's or so. One thing I always liked about,
    >hmm...at least Civ1 ...that there was
    >always undiscovered territory all the way until near the end of the game.
    >Of course, new cities always trailed behind in development...hardly
    >representitive of the 'real' New World.
    >
    >Which brings to mind another question. I've been sending settlers to slow
    >growing cities and having them 'join'...but usually the benefits are erased
    >in one or two turns due to starvation. Hardly worth the effort...or no?
    >Any opinions or strategies on how to get a slow growing or new city up to
    >snuff with rest of one's civ?

    Yeah you got a get a worker in there. Even if they only irrigate one
    square it can make big difference. Often times just the one worker
    can keep up with the city growth so that is all you really need.
    Desert, Turndra, and jungle really are not worth settling unless you
    got some good growth squares to go with it. My favorite cities
    border moutains and hills. I irragate the lowlands and mine the
    highlands. Those are usually my best cities.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "The Stare" <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote in message

    > Sentry does have the fortify bonus. The way to tell if any unit is
    recieving
    > the fortify bonus looking to see if there is a bold white outline
    around the
    > HP bar.
    >
    > A sentried unit will only wake if a passing unit ends its turn next to
    the
    > sentry.
    >
    > A sentried unit that has ZOC ability will excercise it. Even a unit
    that has
    > used all it's movement points will.

    In so far a as sentry will wake, how can you say it has fortify bonus?
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    > "The Stare" <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Sentry does have the fortify bonus. The way to tell if any unit
    >> is
    > recieving
    >> the fortify bonus looking to see if there is a bold white outline
    > around the
    >> HP bar.
    >>
    >> A sentried unit will only wake if a passing unit ends its turn
    >> next to
    > the
    >> sentry.
    >>
    >> A sentried unit that has ZOC ability will excercise it. Even a
    >> unit
    > that has
    >> used all it's movement points will.
    >>

    > In so far a as sentry will wake, how can you say it has fortify
    > bonus?

    Read his first sentence.

    --
    ICQ: 8105495
    AIM: KeeperGFA
    EMail: thekeeper@canada.com
    "If we did the things we are capable of,
    we would astound ourselves." - Edison
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    On 29 Jun 2004 17:12:02 GMT, "Kevin 'Keeper' Foster"
    <thekeeper@canada.com> wrote:

    > If in the wild, a unit on sentry or fortify will wake once fully
    >healed. The healing rate is the same.

    Fortify units only wake up when they are attacked. Their health
    doesn't matter at all. As far as I know they heal like any other
    unit that had its turn skipped. I often fortify badly damaged units
    to give them an extra edge against a spearmen attack. Then if they
    survive I can send them back home the next turn to rest.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "Jeffery S. Jones" <jeffsj@execpc.com> wrote
    > Explore button is OK to use when there are huge black areas and you
    > want to clear them, and have no particular special place you want to
    > look. The unit assigned will do the job eventually.

    I've found it good for sending a couple of Galleons to explore the black
    areas left at seas after I get Navigation or Astronomy.
    But in the early game I prefer to control my explorers to maximise goody hut
    grabs

    --
    John Simpson
    http://nighthawk.mine.nu/

    "Quantum Physics: The dreams stuff is made of."
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 22:48:05 +1000, "John Simpson"
    <I_am@melbourne.net.au> wrote:

    >I've found it good for sending a couple of Galleons to explore the black
    >areas left at seas after I get Navigation or Astronomy.
    >But in the early game I prefer to control my explorers to maximise goody hut
    >grabs

    I always keep exploring unknown areas of the map but I used ancient
    units like that. The AI will continue to play a few gold each for
    even small new areas of the map. I sell maps every no and then for a
    quick cash fix.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "P12" <nomail@all.com> wrote in message
    > On 29 Jun 2004 17:12:02 GMT, "Kevin 'Keeper' Foster"
    > <thekeeper@canada.com> wrote:
    >
    > > If in the wild, a unit on sentry or fortify will wake once fully
    > >healed. The healing rate is the same.
    >
    > Fortify units only wake up when they are attacked. Their health
    > doesn't matter at all. As far as I know they heal like any other
    > unit that had its turn skipped. I often fortify badly damaged units
    > to give them an extra edge against a spearmen attack. Then if they
    > survive I can send them back home the next turn to rest.

    No. He was right. Damaged fortified units will 'wake' once they heal.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "Kevin 'Keeper' Foster" <thekeeper@canada.com> wrote in message
    > >> Sentry does have the fortify bonus. The way to tell if any unit
    > >> is
    > > recieving
    > >> the fortify bonus looking to see if there is a bold white outline
    > > around the
    > >> HP bar.
    > >>
    > >> A sentried unit will only wake if a passing unit ends its turn
    > >> next to
    > > the
    > >> sentry.
    > >>
    > >> A sentried unit that has ZOC ability will excercise it. Even a
    > >> unit
    > > that has
    > >> used all it's movement points will.
    > >>

    > > In so far a as sentry will wake, how can you say it has fortify
    > > bonus?
    >
    > Read his first sentence.

    Ok I have read it. So if a horseman moves into adjacent square, sentry
    wakes. Then Horseman attacks. Are you stating that an awake sentry has
    a fortify bonus?

    I don't see how you can set a ZOC unit as sentry unless it has a
    remaining movement point.

    My experience of sentries is that they must be reset as sentry once they
    have woken. Am I wrong? And which version of the game/sentry option
    are we talking about?

    As it is I have tried to watch what happens in my current game. Being
    at peace makes observation difficult. But war is looming....
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 11:49:56 GMT, "Caesar"
    <caesar.of.rome@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >"Kevin 'Keeper' Foster" <thekeeper@canada.com> wrote in message
    >> > recieving
    >> > around the

    >> > the

    >> > that has
    >> >>

    >> > In so far a as sentry will wake, how can you say it has fortify
    >> > bonus?
    >>
    >> Read his first sentence.
    >>
    >Ok I have read it. So if a horseman moves into adjacent square, sentry
    >wakes. Then Horseman attacks. Are you stating that an awake sentry has
    >a fortify bonus?

    Yes -- the sentry does not awake until it is your turn, the attack
    happens on the enemy's turn.

    >I don't see how you can set a ZOC unit as sentry unless it has a
    >remaining movement point.

    Nor can you fortify it -- the unit must have had movement remaining
    on the prior turn in order to do either one. In either case, sentry
    or fortify gives the unit the fortify defense bonus, which makes
    sentry a viable defense option -- no need to worry about whether you
    should have the unit on sentry or fortify for best protection.

    >My experience of sentries is that they must be reset as sentry once they
    >have woken. Am I wrong? And which version of the game/sentry option
    >are we talking about?

    Any version should work the same. Once awake, of course, they can
    move and you can put them back on sentry if you like. The point of
    waking them is to let you use them to attack, rather than leaving them
    inactive -- attack units, those with higher attack than defense, are
    much better off attacking than waiting for the enemy to hit them, so
    waking them is a good idea.

    >As it is I have tried to watch what happens in my current game. Being
    >at peace makes observation difficult. But war is looming....

  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    > "Kevin 'Keeper' Foster" <thekeeper@canada.com> wrote in message
    > > > recieving
    > > > around the

    > > > the

    > > > that has
    > > >>

    > > > In so far a as sentry will wake, how can you say it has fortify
    > > > bonus?
    > >
    > > Read his first sentence.
    > >
    > Ok I have read it. So if a horseman moves into adjacent square, sentry
    > wakes. Then Horseman attacks. Are you stating that an awake sentry has
    > a fortify bonus?

    The unit only wakes when an enemy unit ends its turn next to the sentry. So
    in your example, the sentry remains fortified. Horseman attacks. Sentry will
    only be active next turn IF horseman retreated and is standing next to it.
    If horseman dies w/o doing damage, the sentry will never wake. If horseman
    dies and sentry took damage, it will wake once fully healed.

    > I don't see how you can set a ZOC unit as sentry unless it has a
    > remaining movement point.

    A ZOC unit always has the ability even if all remaining movement was used.

    > My experience of sentries is that they must be reset as sentry once they
    > have woken. Am I wrong? And which version of the game/sentry option
    > are we talking about?

    You are correct. It must be reset if woken. This is for all versions of
    civ3.

    > As it is I have tried to watch what happens in my current game. Being
    > at peace makes observation difficult. But war is looming....

    Sentries will wake for friendly units if the appropriate preference is
    checked.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    In alt.games.civ3 on Tue, 29 Jun 2004, P12 wrote :

    Hi - my first visit here for several years.

    >Yeah you got a get a worker in there. Even if they only irrigate one
    >square it can make big difference.

    Especially if you can build railways too - they give another extra food
    point per square, of course.
    --
    Paul 'US Sitcom Fan' Hyett

Games Navigation Video Games