Help With A Latitude CPI model A

Recently purchased a Latitude cpi model A, Yes I am going to upgrade the HD
and the Memory but that is down the line, right now it does 90% of what I
need.

I have two batteries that came with it, neither battery seems to work, and
the charger is showing green, Is there a replacement part for this? am I
stuck running it off the charger, ??? Could the Batteries be too old to
work?

Laptop owners let me know what questions I should be asking. This Laptop has
changed two hands before it got to me, I know there is no warranty on this
thing

"Wolfmare" <jsoward(nospam)@sc.rr.com> wrote in message
> Recently purchased a Latitude cpi model A, Yes I am going to upgrade the
> HD and the Memory but that is down the line, right now it does 90% of what
> I need.
>
> I have two batteries that came with it, neither battery seems to work, and
> the charger is showing green, Is there a replacement part for this? am I
> stuck running it off the charger, ??? Could the Batteries be too old to
> work?
>
> Laptop owners let me know what questions I should be asking. This Laptop
> has changed two hands before it got to me, I know there is no warranty on
> this thing

Batteries have a life of about 12 to 18 months. Probably just dead.... New
ones are available.

> "Wolfmare" <jsoward(nospam)@sc.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Recently purchased a Latitude cpi model A, Yes I am going to upgrade the
>> HD and the Memory but that is down the line, right now it does 90% of
>> what I need.
>>
>> I have two batteries that came with it, neither battery seems to work,
>> and the charger is showing green, Is there a replacement part for this?
>> am I stuck running it off the charger, ??? Could the Batteries be too old
>> to work?
>>
>> Laptop owners let me know what questions I should be asking. This Laptop
>> has changed two hands before it got to me, I know there is no warranty on
>> this thing
>>

> Batteries have a life of about 12 to 18 months. Probably just dead....
> New ones are available.
I today changed a #PSU on a latitude with the same problem, the LED was
green, so one would automatically think it was the battery, but in this case
is was the PSU and the batteries were fine