msn messenger 6.2

I'm starting messenger 6.2 and it always starts with my hotmailaccount, but
that's not what I want. I want to type any of my hotmailaccounts and don't
want to start up automatically 6.2. I tried to look how to solve it with the
Helpfile, but that seems not to be possible. Once you've installed 6.2 it
seems that 6.2 recognises my hotmailaccount. Who can help me?
Thanks,
John.
2 answers Last reply
More about messenger

    have you tried support.msn.com and see if there is any
    information there?

    It is a pretty helpful website with all different options
    for MSN(messenger, hotmail, MSN money, etc). Also for
    software support (internet explorer, windows, office, etc)
    a very helpful website is: support.microsoft.com, same
    idea as the MSn site, only software support:)

    Greetings John,

    To fix this, click the Start Button, then click the Control Panel. Then, click User Accounts
    in the Control Panel. Select the Windows XP account name you're currently logged under, and
    then on the left side of the screen, under Related Tasks, click 'Manage my Network
    Passwords'. In the window that opens, click the Passport.Net\* (Passport) entry and click
    'Remove'.

    Now I also noticed that you're in .NL, so you're probably using the Dutch version of XP where
    this functionality is actually broken. To therefore remove this, click Start, then Run,
    type:
    %appdata%\microsoft\Credentials
    and then click OK.
    Then in the folder that appears you'll see another folder with a very long name, right click
    this folder, choose Delete, then confirm the operation. You'll then need to reboot to see
    the change.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "john" <adsl456924@tiscali.nl> wrote in message
    > I'm starting messenger 6.2 and it always starts with my hotmailaccount, but
    > that's not what I want. I want to type any of my hotmailaccounts and don't
    > want to start up automatically 6.2. I tried to look how to solve it with the
    > Helpfile, but that seems not to be possible. Once you've installed 6.2 it
    > seems that 6.2 recognises my hotmailaccount. Who can help me?
    > Thanks,
    > John.

Messenger Microsoft MSN Messenger Windows XP