john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I'm starting messenger 6.2 and it always starts with my hotmailaccount, but
that's not what I want. I want to type any of my hotmailaccounts and don't
want to start up automatically 6.2. I tried to look how to solve it with the
Helpfile, but that seems not to be possible. Once you've installed 6.2 it
seems that 6.2 recognises my hotmailaccount. Who can help me?
Thanks,
John.

have you tried support.msn.com and see if there is any
information there?

It is a pretty helpful website with all different options
for MSN(messenger, hotmail, MSN money, etc). Also for
software support (internet explorer, windows, office, etc)
a very helpful website is: support.microsoft.com, same
idea as the MSn site, only software support:)

Greetings John,

To fix this, click the Start Button, then click the Control Panel. Then, click User Accounts
in the Control Panel. Select the Windows XP account name you're currently logged under, and
then on the left side of the screen, under Related Tasks, click 'Manage my Network
Passwords'. In the window that opens, click the Passport.Net\* (Passport) entry and click
'Remove'.

Now I also noticed that you're in .NL, so you're probably using the Dutch version of XP where
this functionality is actually broken. To therefore remove this, click Start, then Run,
type:
%appdata%\microsoft\Credentials
and then click OK.
Then in the folder that appears you'll see another folder with a very long name, right click
this folder, choose Delete, then confirm the operation. You'll then need to reboot to see
the change.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert