FLICKERING IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!

billyuscg

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2002
PLEASE HELP!!! I finished building my system and everything seems fine except when I play games like UTK3 or NOLF. It's like many graphical flickers as I move and even on the intro screen anything that moves creates the graphical flickering. No problems on the menus or anything like that. I have tried almost everything from adjusting the refresh on the monitor to updating all the drivers and beyond. PLEASE HELP!!!

Stats:

MSI KT3 Ultra, AMD Athlon 2.0XP+, 512 Generic Ram, Visiontek GeForce4 4200 128, WIN XP Pro, Viewsonic 90f 19" Monitor.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I think your games are setting it to a resolution for which you HAVEN'T set the refresh rate. If you play games at a different resolution than your desktop, change your desktop to that resolution, then set your frequency for that resolution. It should be 75Hz or higher.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

hartski

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2002
Let's not forget the Windows XP refresh rate problem. Get Powerstrip. I use that personally. It works 100% with no problems.

LtBlue14

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2002
mmm maybe turn on v sync to prevent tearing? and yeah set the refresh rate for your monitor to as high as it will go for your resolution. and since you've got the latest drivers, you can mandate the refresh rate there too (go to direct3d settings, click the plus, and refresh rate override). set your monitor refresh in display properties-> settings -> advanced -> monitor

--------------

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new">mubla otohp eht ni ecaf ruoy teg</A>