Diplay Pic in MSN Mess- Where is it?

Trying to locate my display pic that I have displayed in MSN mess, cant not
find it or where it is stored in MSN mess, HELP Please? I want to download it
and move it.

Greetings,

You can find these images by clicking Start, then Run, type:
%appdata%\microsoft\msn messenger
and click OK.

You'll then see a variety of folders with numbers as their name, this refer to the various
Passport's that have logged into Messenger. Just go into one (you'll have to go in each one
and do the following if you can't find your image), click the UserTile folder, and you'll see
..DAT (or .tmp depending on what version of Messenger you're using). These files (well some
of them) will be the images in question. You'll just need to rename them to .PNG files
(which is their format) -- personally when I'm looking for one, I just open up a separate
Paint-like application (Windows Paint works) and drag/drop the files into the Paint window.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert