Multiplayer - Notify after research

In a single player game (C3C) you get a notification after a research is
completed, so that you can choose another one.
In multiplayer the game just selects another research without any
notification whatsoever.

Is it really not possible to be notified about research in a multiplayer
game?

Thanks,
Kim
3 answers Last reply
More about multiplayer notify research
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "Kim Hellan" <xxx@yyyl.com> wrote in message
    > In a single player game (C3C) you get a notification after a research is
    > completed, so that you can choose another one.
    > In multiplayer the game just selects another research without any
    > notification whatsoever.
    >
    > Is it really not possible to be notified about research in a multiplayer
    > game?

    I think the only person that gets notified is the 1st player... the one that
    gets to see the ai movement.

    I could be wrong.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "The Stare" <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote in

    > "Kim Hellan" <xxx@yyyl.com> wrote in message
    >> In a single player game (C3C) you get a notification after a
    >> research is completed, so that you can choose another one.
    >> In multiplayer the game just selects another research without any
    >> notification whatsoever.
    >>
    >> Is it really not possible to be notified about research in a
    >> multiplayer game?
    >
    > I think the only person that gets notified is the 1st player...
    > the one that gets to see the ai movement.
    >
    > I could be wrong.

    Isn't there a checkbox option for less popups in multiplayer? Maybe
    that's checked.

    --
    ICQ: 8105495
    AIM: KeeperGFA

    Yes, there is such a checkbox, but it is not checked.
    I have found that many preferences do not work correctly in multiplayer.
    There also is a checkbox to get notified after a city constructs something
    so that you may select something else to construct. This also does not work
    in multiplayer.

    /Kim

    "Kevin 'Keeper' Foster" <thekeeper@canada.com> wrote in message
    > "The Stare" <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote in
    >

    > > "Kim Hellan" <xxx@yyyl.com> wrote in message
    > >> In a single player game (C3C) you get a notification after a
    > >> research is completed, so that you can choose another one.
    > >> In multiplayer the game just selects another research without any
    > >> notification whatsoever.
    > >>
    > >> Is it really not possible to be notified about research in a
    > >> multiplayer game?
    > >
    > > I think the only person that gets notified is the 1st player...
    > > the one that gets to see the ai movement.
    > >
    > > I could be wrong.
    >
    > Isn't there a checkbox option for less popups in multiplayer? Maybe
    > that's checked.
    >
    > --
    > ICQ: 8105495
    > AIM: KeeperGFA
    > EMail: thekeeper@canada.com
    > "If we did the things we are capable of,
    > we would astound ourselves." - Edison

Multiplayer Games Video Games