Multiplayer - Notify after research

Last response: in Video Games
July 14, 2004 5:25:46 PM

In a single player game (C3C) you get a notification after a research is
completed, so that you can choose another one.
In multiplayer the game just selects another research without any
notification whatsoever.

Is it really not possible to be notified about research in a multiplayer
game?

Thanks,
Kim
Anonymous
July 15, 2004 12:09:35 AM

"Kim Hellan" <xxx@yyyl.com> wrote in message
> In a single player game (C3C) you get a notification after a research is
> completed, so that you can choose another one.
> In multiplayer the game just selects another research without any
> notification whatsoever.
>
> Is it really not possible to be notified about research in a multiplayer
> game?

I think the only person that gets notified is the 1st player... the one that
gets to see the ai movement.

I could be wrong.
Anonymous
July 15, 2004 3:47:53 AM

"The Stare" <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote in

> "Kim Hellan" <xxx@yyyl.com> wrote in message
>> In a single player game (C3C) you get a notification after a
>> research is completed, so that you can choose another one.
>> In multiplayer the game just selects another research without any
>> notification whatsoever.
>>
>> Is it really not possible to be notified about research in a
>> multiplayer game?
>
> I think the only person that gets notified is the 1st player...
> the one that gets to see the ai movement.
>
> I could be wrong.

Isn't there a checkbox option for less popups in multiplayer? Maybe
that's checked.

--
ICQ: 8105495
AIM: KeeperGFA

Yes, there is such a checkbox, but it is not checked.
I have found that many preferences do not work correctly in multiplayer.
There also is a checkbox to get notified after a city constructs something
so that you may select something else to construct. This also does not work
in multiplayer.

/Kim

!