Civ 2...No Music

Having recently reinstalled my OS and upgraded my Motherboard I
recently re-installed Civ 2. It suddenly dawned on me the other day
that no music is playing while Civ 2 is playing. The sound effects
work, the Diplomacy Screen music works, I can play music CDs and video
CDs OK as well as mp3s etc, but, something is stopping game music...And
yes, I do have it set in the game preferences to play music.

Anyone come across this before and know how to solve it?

Rob

Canopus wrote:

> Having recently reinstalled my OS and upgraded my Motherboard I
> recently re-installed Civ 2. It suddenly dawned on me the other day
> that no music is playing while Civ 2 is playing. The sound effects
> work, the Diplomacy Screen music works, I can play music CDs and video
> CDs OK as well as mp3s etc, but, something is stopping game
> music...And yes, I do have it set in the game preferences to play
> music.
>
> Anyone come across this before and know how to solve it?
>
> Rob

Issue resolved. For anyone who has the same problem the following
seems to resolve it. Go to Start > Accessories > System Tools > System
Information or whatever path to get to System Information. Under the
sound tabs run the sound tests. If the sound plays but the results
tell you that your card does not support hardware acceleration then
move all the sliders on the various Sound Tabs to the extreme left so
turning off Hardware acceleration. Game music then plays.

Rob