Bluetooth 4.0 Specifications Unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
[citation][nom]wildwell[/nom]I'd like to see SIG provide some examples of new applications for Bluetooth 4.0, such as in the medical field.[/citation]

Best thing I can come up with is pace makers that are digital or something... other then that its going to be small things here and there maybe wireless heart monitors for people in hospitals (nothing is creepier then waking up with a ton of wires clinging to every part of your body, I say this from personal experience lol) beyond that I am at a loss hmmm maybe for doctors to use with a cell phone lol

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]JonathanDeane[/nom]Best thing I can come up with is pace makers that are digital or something... other then that its going to be small things here and there maybe wireless heart monitors for people in hospitals (nothing is creepier then waking up with a ton of wires clinging to every part of your body, I say this from personal experience lol) beyond that I am at a loss hmmm maybe for doctors to use with a cell phone lol[/citation]They already this kind of stuff. Circa 2006, as a matter of fact.

http://www.ihealthbeat.org/Articles/2006/9/13/Wireless-Device-Monitors-Heart-Patients.aspx

The biggest benefits of bluetooth 4.0 are the reduced power consumption and improved range. Those were two glaring weaknesses with a lot of bluetooth devices, especially for those devices that do not have room for a large battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.