BeZ

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
just got my pc like 5 months ago and its already collecting dust on all the hardware and motherboard. I was wondering if i could use that dust off spray on it or would that damage anything?

hartski

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2002
Most compressed air dusters claim they are ok for use with hardware, electronics and such. They claim the air inside is particle and chemical free. Air dusters are nice to spray off thin layers of dust from circuit boards of the cards. If I had money to spare of a full can of air duster everyweek I'd dust the inside of my PC weekly.

Last night I just cleaned my case. Took out all the components to clean it thoroughly even the 3 ventilation fans. However I did not have an air duster but my boards are fairly clean. Air filters are nice to have!

tombance

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
If im building a computer to sell, I usually hover it because Im not that concerned if it blows (although nothing has ever blown yet), on my own I never need to dust it, dont know why, it just dooesnt get too dusty.

Ghostdog

Distinguished
May 28, 2002
Use a vacum-cleaner to get the bigger dust off and then spray the components with some compressed air while at the same time having the vacum-cleaner right by, to catch the fine dust flying around.

<font color=red>I´m starting to feel like a real computer consultant.</font color=red>