Which Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake77

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2004
Does anyone know what is the best/easiest software to make a collage of all my favorite movie moments from my DVD collection and then burn them to a DVD?

I already have DVD region Free and ANY DVD to remove protection from the DVDs so I can work with them. I want to pop in a DVD, skip to a particular scene, and extract any where from 1 second to 10 seconds of a scene to my hard drive, then do this over and over with several other DVDs, then burn all the scenes as one big collage of my favorite movie moments.

Any ideas on which software does this and is easy to pick up on how to use it?

Thanks!

Oh Lord, Bless this thy holy hand gernade of Antiok, so that it may blow thy enemy to tiny bits.

superboss

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2003
The easiest solution would be DVDx
www.labdv.com/dvdx
or something similar, simply select the clip and encode
in almost one click.
I hate that program and programs like it because the quality is not perfect, but it is easy for a beginner.

I use Virtual Dub, DVD2AVI, Smartripper, Xvid, VFAPI Reader, it is much more complicated but works like a dream.

cheers

Opel Superboss, now that was a car!

Drake77

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2004
Awesome!!! I downloaded the software and I've already cut out all my favorite scenes from Deuce Bigalow! Once I figured out the easiest way to hop to the scene I wanted, it was pretty easy from there! Thanks for the help!!

So, now that I have all the MPEG2 clips, what is the best way to string them all together as one big long file to burn to a DVD-R? And I need to be able to pick the order of each file too, then maybe preview it before I finalize it.

Thanks again!!

Oh Lord, Bless this thy holy hand gernade of Antiok, so that it may blow thy enemy to tiny bits.

pat

Expert
Instead of doing one long strip, why dont you make a menu with all the scenes for random acces? I got sonic MyDVD with my dvd burner and it allow me to do that

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

superboss

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2003
easy,
I use TPMGEnc, it can join all your mpegs as one file,
I have also done this as it is annoying opening each little
file individually.

In TPMGEnc, simply select, Tools->MPEG tools or something like that,

enjoy

Drake77

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2004
Dude, thanks again!

superboss

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2003
Sorry its TMPGEnc

just search for it in google.com
sure you will find it using the correct name :)

Status
Not open for further replies.