Some CivIII Questions

Last response: in Video Games
July 28, 2004 1:55:25 PM

I have a few questions about CivIII.
First, this has nagged me since I began playing CivIII vanilla. In the box
on the bottom right corner, after your country's name and government type,
what are the three numbers in parantheses?
What are city and continental rally points? (in Conquests)
When cities have harbors or airports, they have a symbol next to them on a
map showing that they have these. In Conquests, what does the icon that
looks like a sword signify?
How do I build barricades? I built three fortress side by side thinking
maybe a barricade needs to be connected between two fortresses, but no.
Granted, I'm playing a game I had started in CivIII Vanilla (just got
Conquests/PTW a few days ago).
Which of Conquest's enhancements for the Epic Game actually carry over into
games saved under 'vanilla'?

I know it's alot of questions, and some of them have no bearing on how well
I play, but TIA

Great Stephan of the Mighty Norsemen of Skandinavia

More about : civiii questions

Anonymous
July 28, 2004 1:55:26 PM

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:55:25 GMT, "John Kerry" <johnkerry@aol.com>
wrote:

>I have a few questions about CivIII.
>First, this has nagged me since I began playing CivIII vanilla. In the box
>on the bottom right corner, after your country's name and government type,
>what are the three numbers in parantheses?

taxes, science, luxuries (I think that is the order; it is obvious
once you compare it to your tax rates anyway).

>What are city and continental rally points? (in Conquests)

New units built will go there, from the city or from any city on the
continent.

>When cities have harbors or airports, they have a symbol next to them on a
>map showing that they have these. In Conquests, what does the icon that
>looks like a sword signify?

Barracks.

>How do I build barricades? I built three fortress side by side thinking
>maybe a barricade needs to be connected between two fortresses, but no.

Barricade is built on top of an existing fortress. It makes the
fortress tougher.

>Granted, I'm playing a game I had started in CivIII Vanilla (just got
>Conquests/PTW a few days ago).
>Which of Conquest's enhancements for the Epic Game actually carry over into
>games saved under 'vanilla'?

None? AFAIK, save games use the rules that they were started under.
Any rule changes -- like building barricades as a new worker action --
won't happen.

For that matter, in Conquests, save games started prior to version
1.20 won't be compatible with the patch (current 1.22), and really
strange things can happen if you try to continue them.

PTW is a bit more compatible with original Civ3 -- the rule set is
almost the same. Even so, you don't get any of the new stuff if you
load an original Civ3 game or scenario.

** Muskego WI Access Channel 14/25 <http://www.execpc.com/~jeffsj/mach7/&gt;
*Starfire Design Studio* <http://www.starfiredesign.com/&gt;
!