Strange speed issue

Last response: in Video Games
July 30, 2004 12:27:44 PM

Hey again. I have had no troubles speed-wise with this game before, not even
on quite large maps with a lot going on. But now, for the first time, I have
run into some. I am on a small map with one enemy and 10 or so bases and a
few dozen units each, and it suddenly slowed down like crazy! Anyone know
why?

More about : strange speed issue

Anonymous
July 30, 2004 3:58:20 PM

"Di Farker" <diannefarker@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hey again. I have had no troubles speed-wise with this game before, not
even
> on quite large maps with a lot going on. But now, for the first time, I
have
> run into some. I am on a small map with one enemy and 10 or so bases and a
> few dozen units each, and it suddenly slowed down like crazy! Anyone know
> why?

Could be some spyware or something running in the background.
Anonymous
August 1, 2004 9:13:05 PM

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 08:27:44 GMT, "Di Farker"
<diannefarker@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Hey again. I have had no troubles speed-wise with this game before, not even
>on quite large maps with a lot going on. But now, for the first time, I have
>run into some. I am on a small map with one enemy and 10 or so bases and a
>few dozen units each, and it suddenly slowed down like crazy! Anyone know
>why?

Did you suddenly start using automated workers? I noticed when my
automated workers run out of stuff to do the game slows way down. It
is seems like each one has to check every square to see if there is
anything left too do.

You could also try running some of windows resource monitoring tools
to find out how much memory and CPU power is being used up. Perhaps
you have an out of control process eating up all your resources.
!