Disabling windows messenger

I have disabled messenger ....
but the icon reappears when I open outlook express
How can I stop it from appearing again as I now use msn messenger ?????????
2 answers Last reply
More about disabling windows messenger

    Greetings,

    To stop this behavior, close Outlook Express, then download and run the following .reg file:
    http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/stopmessenger_oe.reg
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Postiepatman" <Postiepatman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have disabled messenger ....
    > but the icon reappears when I open outlook express
    > How can I stop it from appearing again as I now use msn messenger ?????????

    I have disable messenger

    "Postiepatman" wrote:

    > I have disabled messenger ....
    > but the icon reappears when I open outlook express
    > How can I stop it from appearing again as I now use msn messenger ?????????

Messenger Microsoft Windows XP