Change Where "My Email Inbox" Points

I have a new PC that I am running messenger 4.7 with
Outlook 2003. On my old PC the "My Email Inbox" would
point to my Hotmail mailbox not my Outlook mailbox.

How can I change the configurations to stop pointing to
Outlook 2003 and point to Hotmail on my new PC?
3 answers Last reply
More about change email inbox points

    Greetings Jeff,,

    Windows Messenger will automatically go to Hotmail if you're using an active @hotmail.com or
    @msn.com Passport address and you're using Windows Messenger 4.7.2009 or *lower*. Windows
    Messenger 4.7.3000 (which comes with SP2) does not have Add-In support and as such, does not
    support Hotmail.

    If you find yourself in the later category (with SP2), you can simply downgrade back to the
    previous version from here:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4

    You'll also probably need the Hotmail Add-In:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Jeff Roseman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a new PC that I am running messenger 4.7 with
    > Outlook 2003. On my old PC the "My Email Inbox" would
    > point to my Hotmail mailbox not my Outlook mailbox.
    >
    > How can I change the configurations to stop pointing to
    > Outlook 2003 and point to Hotmail on my new PC?

    That is exactly my situation. Thanks!

    Jonathan Kay.

    wrote in message
    >>I have a new PC that I am running messenger 4.7 with
    >> Outlook 2003. On my old PC the "My Email Inbox" would
    >> point to my Hotmail mailbox not my Outlook mailbox.
    >>
    >> How can I change the configurations to stop pointing to
    >> Outlook 2003 and point to Hotmail on my new PC?
    >

    >.

    Hi Jeff,

    No problem =)

    > That is exactly my situation. Thanks!

Outlook 2003 Hotmail Messenger Email Windows XP