Change Where "My Email Inbox" Points

I have a new PC that I am running messenger 4.7 with
Outlook 2003. On my old PC the "My Email Inbox" would
point to my Hotmail mailbox not my Outlook mailbox.

How can I change the configurations to stop pointing to
Outlook 2003 and point to Hotmail on my new PC?

Greetings Jeff,,

Windows Messenger will automatically go to Hotmail if you're using an active @hotmail.com or
@msn.com Passport address and you're using Windows Messenger 4.7.2009 or *lower*. Windows
Messenger 4.7.3000 (which comes with SP2) does not have Add-In support and as such, does not
support Hotmail.

If you find yourself in the later category (with SP2), you can simply downgrade back to the
previous version from here:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4

You'll also probably need the Hotmail Add-In:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Jeff Roseman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new PC that I am running messenger 4.7 with
> Outlook 2003. On my old PC the "My Email Inbox" would
> point to my Hotmail mailbox not my Outlook mailbox.
>
> How can I change the configurations to stop pointing to
> Outlook 2003 and point to Hotmail on my new PC?

That is exactly my situation. Thanks!

Jonathan Kay.

wrote in message
>>I have a new PC that I am running messenger 4.7 with
>> Outlook 2003. On my old PC the "My Email Inbox" would
>> point to my Hotmail mailbox not my Outlook mailbox.
>>
>> How can I change the configurations to stop pointing to
>> Outlook 2003 and point to Hotmail on my new PC?
>

>.

Hi Jeff,

No problem =)