Civ 3 - patches

Hi,

I installed Civ3 and Civ 3 conquest at the same time, and then installed the
two patches for Conquest I found on the net. But still the starting screen
tells me I have version "1.00". Can anybody explain to me what I did wrong?
Is there an other way to check which version I have?

Thanks in advance.

Arnaud.

"Arnaud" <arnaud.g@NOSPAMnoos.fr> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I installed Civ3 and Civ 3 conquest at the same time, and then installed
the
> two patches for Conquest I found on the net. But still the starting screen
> tells me I have version "1.00". Can anybody explain to me what I did
wrong?
> Is there an other way to check which version I have?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Arnaud.

Make sure you downloaded the patch appropriate for your language version.
Some patches were language specific. However, v 1.22 is cumulative (I
belive) so you may just want to jump to that one.
When you installed the patches after downloading them did you point the
installer to the correct directories?

Beyond this, I'm no help...

Well, I actually installed patch 1.02 for Conquests in French... And it said
everything was fine. But I never had to chose which directory to install the
patch to, it was all automatic.

Arnaud.