Messenger 6.2 & Audio

This post is in regards to my earlier post asking for advice on how to get
audio working under the following configuration:
Windows XP SP2
Intel PC Camera
Linksys router
Norton AntiVirus and Internet Security 2004
Cable modem

Based on Stephen's recommendation (thanks Stephen!), I enabled UPnP in my
router setup. I was able to get both audio and video working with another
computer that is running Win98 (although the order of the invitations seemed
to make a difference). However, even after turning off my Norton firewall,
I am still unable to converse with another user running XP.

Any other suggestions out there? I would greatly appreciate the advice!

Thanks!
Pamela
2 answers Last reply
More about messenger audio

    "Pamela" <pamela@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > This post is in regards to my earlier post asking for advice on how to get
    > audio working under the following configuration:
    > Windows XP SP2
    > Intel PC Camera
    > Linksys router
    > Norton AntiVirus and Internet Security 2004
    > Cable modem
    >
    > Based on Stephen's recommendation (thanks Stephen!), I enabled UPnP in my
    > router setup. I was able to get both audio and video working with another
    > computer that is running Win98 (although the order of the invitations
    > seemed to make a difference). However, even after turning off my Norton
    > firewall, I am still unable to converse with another user running XP.
    >
    > Any other suggestions out there? I would greatly appreciate the advice!
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Pamela

    This other user who is running XP... have they had a successful audio
    connection with somebody else? I tend to think since you did OK with
    somebody using win98 that the problem may now be with the other XP
    user unless they have already demonstrated limited success. I forget
    if I mentioned you should uninstall QoS located in network connections.

    Hi Stephen,

    I think the other user running XP has not been able to get audio working
    with their buddies. We will try to tweak their settings to see if that
    works.

    Also, I will uninstall QoS based on your recommendation. Just out of
    curiosity, what does QoS do?

    Thanks for all your help!
    Pamela

    "Stephen Harris" <cyberguard1048-usenet@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > "Pamela" <pamela@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> This post is in regards to my earlier post asking for advice on how to
    >> get audio working under the following configuration:
    >> Windows XP SP2
    >> Intel PC Camera
    >> Linksys router
    >> Norton AntiVirus and Internet Security 2004
    >> Cable modem
    >>
    >> Based on Stephen's recommendation (thanks Stephen!), I enabled UPnP in my
    >> router setup. I was able to get both audio and video working with
    >> another computer that is running Win98 (although the order of the
    >> invitations seemed to make a difference). However, even after turning
    >> off my Norton firewall, I am still unable to converse with another user
    >> running XP.
    >>
    >> Any other suggestions out there? I would greatly appreciate the advice!
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >> Pamela
    >>

    > This other user who is running XP... have they had a successful audio
    > connection with somebody else? I tend to think since you did OK with
    > somebody using win98 that the problem may now be with the other XP
    > user unless they have already demonstrated limited success. I forget
    > if I mentioned you should uninstall QoS located in network connections.

Audio Messenger Windows XP