Messenger 6.2 & Audio

September 29, 2004 9:37:24 PM

This post is in regards to my earlier post asking for advice on how to get
audio working under the following configuration:
Windows XP SP2
Intel PC Camera
Linksys router
Norton AntiVirus and Internet Security 2004
Cable modem

Based on Stephen's recommendation (thanks Stephen!), I enabled UPnP in my
router setup. I was able to get both audio and video working with another
computer that is running Win98 (although the order of the invitations seemed
to make a difference). However, even after turning off my Norton firewall,
I am still unable to converse with another user running XP.

Any other suggestions out there? I would greatly appreciate the advice!

Thanks!
Pamela

More about : messenger audio

Anonymous
September 30, 2004 2:27:00 PM

"Pamela" <pamela@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:o AIqO4opEHA.3364@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> This post is in regards to my earlier post asking for advice on how to get
> audio working under the following configuration:
> Windows XP SP2
> Intel PC Camera
> Linksys router
> Norton AntiVirus and Internet Security 2004
> Cable modem
>
> Based on Stephen's recommendation (thanks Stephen!), I enabled UPnP in my
> router setup. I was able to get both audio and video working with another
> computer that is running Win98 (although the order of the invitations
> seemed to make a difference). However, even after turning off my Norton
> firewall, I am still unable to converse with another user running XP.
>
> Any other suggestions out there? I would greatly appreciate the advice!
>
> Thanks!
> Pamela

This other user who is running XP... have they had a successful audio
connection with somebody else? I tend to think since you did OK with
somebody using win98 that the problem may now be with the other XP
user unless they have already demonstrated limited success. I forget
if I mentioned you should uninstall QoS located in network connections.
October 3, 2004 12:49:36 PM

Hi Stephen,

I think the other user running XP has not been able to get audio working
with their buddies. We will try to tweak their settings to see if that
works.

Also, I will uninstall QoS based on your recommendation. Just out of
curiosity, what does QoS do?

Thanks for all your help!
Pamela

news:o c4NCMxpEHA.2696@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...