Can't rush wonder

I was wondering if this is a patch related issue or soemthing else. Two
things I am seeing lately that were not an issue before. The first is that I
can't sell communicatins with other civs anymore. I don't get the option to
trade that anymore even when I am the only one who has contact with some
civs. The second is that I the great leader I got could not be used to rush
any of my wonders. I tried with 4 different wonders because at first I
thought it might be some weird thing specific to certain wonders and the
only option to come up was build army. Is this somethng to do with the
latest patch or is there a setting or something that does that?

Gareeth

> I was wondering if this is a patch related issue or soemthing else. Two
> things I am seeing lately that were not an issue before. The first is that
> can't sell communicatins with other civs anymore. I don't get the option
> trade that anymore even when I am the only one who has contact with some
> civs. The second is that I the great leader I got could not be used to
rush
> any of my wonders. I tried with 4 different wonders because at first I
> thought it might be some weird thing specific to certain wonders and the
> only option to come up was build army. Is this somethng to do with the
> latest patch or is there a setting or something that does that?
>
> Gareeth

You can still trade communications, but it comes at a much later tech.
Usually, by that time, most civs have met each other however.

In the latest patch v1.22, military leaders are no longer able to rush
wonders & small wonders. However, a scientific leader (if that option is
on) will rush wonders & small wonders, but cannot create an army...

If you really want your military leader to be able to rush wonders and small
wonders, then edit your military leader's rules. A simple checkbox in the
editor can give him that ability....

I think military leaders can still rush small wonders, just not big ones.

In article <2notfjF32i43U1@uni-berlin.de>, "Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I was wondering if this is a patch related issue or soemthing else. Two
>things I am seeing lately that were not an issue before. The first is that I
>can't sell communicatins with other civs anymore. I don't get the option to
>trade that anymore even when I am the only one who has contact with some
>civs.

The ability to trade communications has been moved to Printing Press so it
happens much later. The ability to trade maps has been moved to Navigation.

> The second is that I the great leader I got could not be used to rush
>any of my wonders. I tried with 4 different wonders because at first I
>thought it might be some weird thing specific to certain wonders and the
>only option to come up was build army. Is this somethng to do with the
>latest patch or is there a setting or something that does that?

There are now two kinds of Great Leaders. The original kind is now the
Military Great Leader (MGL) and it can make an Army or rush small wonders or
buildings like the Forbidden Palace. The new kind is the Scientific Great
Leader (SGL) that is sometimes created when a new tech is researched for the
first time. The SGL is the one that can rush great wonders.

Mike G

"Mike Garcia" <mtg@cornellc.cit.stumbling.block.cornell.edu> wrote in
message news:cf81a7$48p$1@news01.cit.cornell.edu...

> There are now two kinds of Great Leaders. The original kind is now the
> Military Great Leader (MGL) and it can make an Army or rush small wonders
or
> buildings like the Forbidden Palace. The new kind is the Scientific Great
> Leader (SGL) that is sometimes created when a new tech is researched for
the
> first time. The SGL is the one that can rush great wonders.

Okay thanks everyone who answered. I didn't realize that the MGL couldn't
anymore. Guess I have nto had many since patching last.

Gareeth

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 11:23:32 GMT, "Tzar Sasha"
<tzar_sasha@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>You can still trade communications, but it comes at a much later tech.
>Usually, by that time, most civs have met each other however.

I wonder why they would do that? Civs have always been interested in
trading, even if it took years to get there. I thought the option
came too late in the game myself. You often needed to sell quickly
before the AI did.

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 14:22:53 GMT,
mtg@cornellc.cit.stumbling.block.cornell.edu (Mike Garcia) wrote:

>There are now two kinds of Great Leaders. The original kind is now the
>Military Great Leader (MGL) and it can make an Army or rush small wonders or
>buildings like the Forbidden Palace. The new kind is the Scientific Great
>Leader (SGL) that is sometimes created when a new tech is researched for the
>first time. The SGL is the one that can rush great wonders.

Did they ever fix the SGL so you actually got the science bonus if you
chose that?

"P12" <nomail@all.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 14:22:53 GMT,
> mtg@cornellc.cit.stumbling.block.cornell.edu (Mike Garcia) wrote:
>
> >There are now two kinds of Great Leaders. The original kind is now the
> >Military Great Leader (MGL) and it can make an Army or rush small wonders
or
> >buildings like the Forbidden Palace. The new kind is the Scientific
Great
> >Leader (SGL) that is sometimes created when a new tech is researched for
the
> >first time. The SGL is the one that can rush great wonders.
>
> Did they ever fix the SGL so you actually got the science bonus if you
> chose that?

No