Away status in messenger

Hi,
I am running windows xp home edition. This started before
installing service pack 2. I have my msn messenger and my
windows messenger to mark me as away after 5 minutes. It
work fine until just a few weeks ago. All the sudden it
stopped marking me as away.
I do not have a screen saver activated.
Is there a way to get this working again?
Thank you!
Tammie
1 answer Last reply
More about away status messenger

    Greetings Tammie,

    This usually occurs when some other application or possibly even your screen saver (yes I
    know you're not using one) is preventing Messenger from accurately detecting that you've gone
    away. Unfortunately there really isn't much you can do about this as it's essentially trying
    to find a needle in a haystack. However, what you might try as a workaround is install
    Messenger Plus (http://www.msgplus.net) and use its option for doing this (which may work
    differently). The option after installing Plus! is in the main Messenger window, clicking
    the Plus! menu, then Preferences, Miscellaneous. Take note that if you do try this option,
    be sure to read through the installer ,as if you do not wish to install the sponsor program
    (ie. advertising) that goes along with Plus!, be sure *not* to chose that option during the
    installation.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Tammie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I am running windows xp home edition. This started before
    > installing service pack 2. I have my msn messenger and my
    > windows messenger to mark me as away after 5 minutes. It
    > work fine until just a few weeks ago. All the sudden it
    > stopped marking me as away.
    > I do not have a screen saver activated.
    > Is there a way to get this working again?
    > Thank you!
    > Tammie

Messenger Windows XP