It may help you be a smart buyer

hkebay

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004
I am an old engineer of computer parts factory from China,and handling tech support for USA market.
Actually,most of the computer stuff made in here and ship to global everyday.I often be to many kinds factory,so I know which product on pricewatch or ebay made in which factory.there is many factors can cause the difference on the price and quality.....too late here now,let me continue it tomorrow
1.about the video card:in a professional's eye,should have not any brand,just PCB,video memory,electric component,and the design of the PCB.
why the top class brand so expensive,because their factory use the best SMT(the robot can put the electric component on PCB),the best electric component and video memory,also the worker in factory be well trained,more QC procedure.
If the factory didn't do enough job,your video card may easily:1.overheat(especially the GPU,but the shell of the video card overheat is acceptable,like leadtek A350),it is not only caused by cooling fans,but also the capacitance,and rectifier 2.distort display,most caused by the electric component,some factories use the old component and chipset for cut the cost. 3.incompatible,it may caused by the video memory,etc.But IMO,I can't afford the top class brand,so have to research the best performance/price..... to be continue.
also you can write down here if have any question,<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by hkebay on 07/14/04 10:00 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003
Interesting, please do continue tomorrow.

Mobile XP 2600+ (11X200)
Abit NF7-S v 2.0
Maxtor 60GB ATA 133 7200RPM
512MB Corsair Twinx 3200LL
BBA 9800 Pro
Enermax Noisetaker 420 watts
Win98SE