Friday Deals: One Week Left Till Christmas Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
Movado is by far my favorite watch maker, but the 800 series never did it for me. It kinda takes away from the whole thin, simple, elegant theme they've worked so hard for.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
I know a guy who bought the Movado. It isn't that stunning of a timepiece and doesn't scream out "hey I'm worth $1600!". There are better looking Seiko for the same money. Anyway who buys a swiss watch that is battery powered and tries to claim it is worth a large chunk of change? Sure I like some Swiss brand quartz watches, but I wouldn't purchase anything quartz and try to flaunt it.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]rooket[/nom]I know a guy who bought the Movado. It isn't that stunning of a timepiece and doesn't scream out "hey I'm worth $1600!". There are better looking Seiko for the same money. Anyway who buys a swiss watch that is battery powered and tries to claim it is worth a large chunk of change? Sure I like some Swiss brand quartz watches, but I wouldn't purchase anything quartz and try to flaunt it.[/citation]
Among my watches, I own two from movado. They're both original Meusem peices, but one gold and one silver. They look great, and despite both being quartz movements, they were deff worth it.

Though I generally prefer my bell & ross for day to day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS