reputation when winning city of pop 1.

Firecrack

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2004

Hi.
There is some fact about reputation when winning a new city.

Razing cities lowers my reputation - but what about taking, then
abandoning?

Here's a little clarification from MikeB_Firaxis about this issue:

quote: If you abandon a city that recently belonged to another civ,
you get the same reputation as if you had razed the city when you
captured it.

Note that "recently belonged to another civ" refers to the civ who has
the most citizens in the city. So if you raze a size 4 city from 3 of
the citizens are Egyptian, it will affect your reputation as though
you razed an Egyptian city. If you wait until 2 of those citizens are
assimilated into your culture and only 1 Egyptian citizen remains, it
will act like it is your own city and will not incur any diplomatic
penalty.

My question is : What happens when you get a city of population 1 ?
It is razed automatically so does it affect badly your reputation ?

Thank you
David

"Firecrack" <david_guerin_1@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> My question is : What happens when you get a city of population 1 ?
> It is razed automatically so does it affect badly your reputation ?

Yes, same as razing.

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 18:46:43 GMT, "The Stare"
<wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote:

>"Firecrack" <david_guerin_1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> My question is : What happens when you get a city of population 1 ?
>> It is razed automatically so does it affect badly your reputation ?
>
>Yes, same as razing.

I am not sure but it seems to encourage the AI to raize cities too.
After raizing some size 20+ cities I have seen the AI go out of their
way to raize one of mine.