Messenger Patch

POP UP: Vulunerability in Windows Messenger so to
www.windowspatch.net IS THIS MICROSOFT!!! Charge is
$19.95
2 answers Last reply
More about messenger patch

    Hi there,

    This is most likely not Microsoft. I've never known them to charge for a
    patch to fix a security update. You can go to http://messenger.msn.com/ to
    download the most current version of Messenger.

    Hope this helps.

    Abby

    "patchesgirl" wrote:

    > POP UP: Vulunerability in Windows Messenger so to
    > www.windowspatch.net IS THIS MICROSOFT!!! Charge is
    > $19.95

    Hi,

    Actually there is no version of MSN Messenger that allows you to sign in that has any major
    security hole. Instead, people should be updating from WindowsUpdate:
    http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Abby" <Abby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > This is most likely not Microsoft. I've never known them to charge for a
    > patch to fix a security update. You can go to http://messenger.msn.com/ to
    > download the most current version of Messenger.
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > Abby
    >
    > "patchesgirl" wrote:
    >
    >> POP UP: Vulunerability in Windows Messenger so to
    >> www.windowspatch.net IS THIS MICROSOFT!!! Charge is
    >> $19.95

Messenger Microsoft Windows XP