use linksys g router with MAC and PC

anybody know of any gotchas when setting up wireless using Macs and PCs on
the same linksys wireless network router?

thanks,
mcnewsxp
3 answers Last reply
More about linksys router

    Taking a moment's reflection, mcnewsxp mused:

    | anybody know of any gotchas when setting up wireless using Macs and PCs on
    | the same linksys wireless network router?

    Other than the common issues in setup to both ... no. The Macs and PCs
    will be unaware of other other's existence, and the router hardware doesn't
    care.

    "mhicaoidh" <®êmõvé_mhic_aoidh@hotÑîXmailSPäM.com> wrote in message
    > Taking a moment's reflection, mcnewsxp mused:
    > |
    > | anybody know of any gotchas when setting up wireless using Macs and PCs
    on
    > | the same linksys wireless network router?
    >
    > Other than the common issues in setup to both ... no. The Macs and
    PCs
    > will be unaware of other other's existence, and the router hardware
    doesn't
    > care.

    Well, it's not quite true that MACs and PCs are unaware of each other. For
    example, they can PING each other. Their native file-sharing schemes are
    different, so they won't share files or printers with each other unless you
    take explicit measures to make that happen. But this issue is the same
    whether the MACs and PCs are connected wirelessly or with wires.

    Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+

    Taking a moment's reflection, Ron Bandes mused:

    | Well, it's not quite true that MACs and PCs are unaware of each other.
    | For example, they can PING each other. Their native file-sharing schemes
    | are different, so they won't share files or printers with each other
    | unless you take explicit measures to make that happen. But this issue is
    | the same whether the MACs and PCs are connected wirelessly or with wires.

    By unaware, I meant that they won't know or care if the other computers
    are PC or Mac.

Wireless Routers Linksys Macintosh Wireless Networking