What is the difference in these game versions

I have Civilization III. Enjoy playing it but let's be honest... after
3 or so years of playing the game in one fashion or another it's
gotten a tad stale. Still enjoyable but kinda stale.

I looked at the umpteen different offerings on the store shelves and
they all look about the same as the version I have. The one I have is
the Additions v1.29f.

Can anybody give me any comparrisons of the different titles and what
upgrading to them might give me in enhanced play?

Thanks in advance.
8 answers Last reply
More about what difference game versions
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    <Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have Civilization III. Enjoy playing it but let's be honest... after
    > 3 or so years of playing the game in one fashion or another it's
    > gotten a tad stale. Still enjoyable but kinda stale.
    >
    > I looked at the umpteen different offerings on the store shelves and
    > they all look about the same as the version I have. The one I have is
    > the Additions v1.29f.
    >
    > Can anybody give me any comparrisons of the different titles and what
    > upgrading to them might give me in enhanced play?

    1.29f is called Vanilla Civ3 because it is the plain, basic game.

    Play the World adds much nicer interface improvements, 8 more civs, many bug
    fixes... PTW 1.27f

    Conquests adds 8 more new civs, 2 more civ traits, comes with premade
    scenarios called 'conquests' and a reworked corruption system (after
    patching). They stopped supporting it before they got all the bugs out and a
    few of them are mildly irritating... C3C 1.22 (no 'f')

    They are about to come out with Civ3: Complete witch includes all 3 titles
    in one package.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 12:49:49 GMT, "The Stare"
    <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote:

    ><Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I have Civilization III. Enjoy playing it but let's be honest... after
    >> 3 or so years of playing the game in one fashion or another it's
    >> gotten a tad stale. Still enjoyable but kinda stale.
    >>
    >> I looked at the umpteen different offerings on the store shelves and
    >> they all look about the same as the version I have. The one I have is
    >> the Additions v1.29f.
    >>
    >> Can anybody give me any comparrisons of the different titles and what
    >> upgrading to them might give me in enhanced play?
    >
    >1.29f is called Vanilla Civ3 because it is the plain, basic game.
    >
    >Play the World adds much nicer interface improvements, 8 more civs, many bug
    >fixes... PTW 1.27f
    >
    >Conquests adds 8 more new civs, 2 more civ traits, comes with premade
    >scenarios called 'conquests' and a reworked corruption system (after
    >patching). They stopped supporting it before they got all the bugs out and a
    >few of them are mildly irritating... C3C 1.22 (no 'f')
    >
    >They are about to come out with Civ3: Complete witch includes all 3 titles
    >in one package.

    Thanks. You wouldn't happen to have a link for the patch would you>
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    You can get all the patches at www.civfanatics.com just look on the left
    side of the main page. There should be a Patches link in the Civ3
    section...

    > On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 12:49:49 GMT, "The Stare"
    > <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote:
    >

    > ><Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >>I have Civilization III. Enjoy playing it but let's be honest... after
    > >> 3 or so years of playing the game in one fashion or another it's
    > >> gotten a tad stale. Still enjoyable but kinda stale.
    > >>
    > >> I looked at the umpteen different offerings on the store shelves and
    > >> they all look about the same as the version I have. The one I have is
    > >> the Additions v1.29f.
    > >>
    > >> Can anybody give me any comparrisons of the different titles and what
    > >> upgrading to them might give me in enhanced play?
    > >
    > >1.29f is called Vanilla Civ3 because it is the plain, basic game.
    > >
    > >Play the World adds much nicer interface improvements, 8 more civs, many
    bug
    > >fixes... PTW 1.27f
    > >
    > >Conquests adds 8 more new civs, 2 more civ traits, comes with premade
    > >scenarios called 'conquests' and a reworked corruption system (after
    > >patching). They stopped supporting it before they got all the bugs out
    and a
    > >few of them are mildly irritating... C3C 1.22 (no 'f')
    > >
    > >They are about to come out with Civ3: Complete witch includes all 3
    titles
    > >in one package.
    > >

    > Thanks. You wouldn't happen to have a link for the patch would you>
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "The Stare" <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote in message

    > <Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >I have Civilization III. Enjoy playing it but let's be honest... after
    > > 3 or so years of playing the game in one fashion or another it's
    > > gotten a tad stale. Still enjoyable but kinda stale.
    > >
    > > I looked at the umpteen different offerings on the store shelves and
    > > they all look about the same as the version I have. The one I have is
    > > the Additions v1.29f.
    > >
    > > Can anybody give me any comparrisons of the different titles and what
    > > upgrading to them might give me in enhanced play?
    >
    > 1.29f is called Vanilla Civ3 because it is the plain, basic game.
    >
    > Play the World adds much nicer interface improvements, 8 more civs, many
    bug
    > fixes... PTW 1.27f
    >
    > Conquests adds 8 more new civs, 2 more civ traits, comes with premade
    > scenarios called 'conquests' and a reworked corruption system (after
    > patching). They stopped supporting it before they got all the bugs out and
    > few of them are mildly irritating... C3C 1.22 (no 'f')
    >
    > They are about to come out with Civ3: Complete witch includes all 3 titles
    > in one package.

    Does Conquests have the interface improvements from PtW?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 19:26:51 GMT, "Tzar Sasha"
    <tzar_sasha@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    >You can get all the patches at www.civfanatics.com just look on the left
    >side of the main page. There should be a Patches link in the Civ3
    >section...

    <SNIP>

    Thanks. I got the full download for Conquests (which I bought today).
    Don't know that I would have noticed much of a difference but it's
    good to know that I got whatever was wrong fixed.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "bioderm" <not@here.com> wrote in message

    > Does Conquests have the interface improvements from PtW?

    yes
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    > "bioderm" <not@here.com> wrote in message
    > >

    > > Does Conquests have the interface improvements from PtW?
    >

    > yes

    However, Conquests does not have all the extra goodies that came with PTW.
    I understand that Snoopy's terrain and some other stuff were included on the
    PTW cd. But none of that is available on the Conquests cd only the PTW
    executable and additional standard epic game files.

    Therefore, if you only have Civ3 with Conquests (like me) you have to
    download all the extra graphic files that you want from www.civfanatics.com.
    I guess there is something to be said for buying the PTW cd if you want to
    use the extra cool graphics and only have a 56k dial-up.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "Tzar Sasha" <tzar_sasha@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

    > "The Stare" <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "bioderm" <not@here.com> wrote in message
    >> >

    >> > Does Conquests have the interface improvements from PtW?
    >>

    >> yes
    >>

    > However, Conquests does not have all the extra goodies that came with PTW.
    > I understand that Snoopy's terrain and some other stuff were included on
    > the
    > PTW cd. But none of that is available on the Conquests cd only the PTW
    > executable and additional standard epic game files.
    >
    > Therefore, if you only have Civ3 with Conquests (like me) you have to
    > download all the extra graphic files that you want from
    > www.civfanatics.com.
    > I guess there is something to be said for buying the PTW cd if you want to
    > use the extra cool graphics and only have a 56k dial-up.

    www.civ3.com has the extras available for download. I'm not sure if it
    includes *everything* or not.

Games Video Games