Can't display profiles after installing XP SP-2

After installing SP-2, I can no longer display profiles of people on my
contact list. Right clicking after a contact no longer has view profile on
the drop down list. Is there another way to display profiles. Thanks for
any suggestions you may have.
3 answers Last reply
More about display profiles installing

    Greetings John,

    The SP2 version of Windows Messenger doesn't support Add-Ins, so this feature is now gone.

    To quickly fix this, simply downgrade back to the previous version from here:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4

    You'll also need the MSN Add-In:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
    | After installing SP-2, I can no longer display profiles of people on my
    | contact list. Right clicking after a contact no longer has view profile
    on
    | the drop down list. Is there another way to display profiles. Thanks for
    | any suggestions you may have.

    Upgrade to MSN Mesenger is a better sugestion. I did it and all thing works
    fine.
    Frendly Greetings Walter.

    "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
    | After installing SP-2, I can no longer display profiles of people on my
    | contact list. Right clicking after a contact no longer has view profile
    on
    | the drop down list. Is there another way to display profiles. Thanks for
    | any suggestions you may have.

    Rectification: Upgrade to MSN Mesenger6.2 is a better sugestion. I did it
    and all thing works
    fine. Dont foget disabling Windows Mesenger that came with SP2
    Frendly Greetings Walter.

Windows XP Displays