Can't display profiles after installing XP SP-2

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

After installing SP-2, I can no longer display profiles of people on my
contact list. Right clicking after a contact no longer has view profile on
the drop down list. Is there another way to display profiles. Thanks for
any suggestions you may have.

Greetings John,

The SP2 version of Windows Messenger doesn't support Add-Ins, so this feature is now gone.

To quickly fix this, simply downgrade back to the previous version from here:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4

You'll also need the MSN Add-In:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

> After installing SP-2, I can no longer display profiles of people on my
> contact list. Right clicking after a contact no longer has view profile on
> the drop down list. Is there another way to display profiles. Thanks for
> any suggestions you may have.

walter

"John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
| After installing SP-2, I can no longer display profiles of people on my
| contact list. Right clicking after a contact no longer has view profile
on
| the drop down list. Is there another way to display profiles. Thanks for
| any suggestions you may have.

Upgrade to MSN Mesenger is a better sugestion. I did it and all thing works
fine.
Frendly Greetings Walter.

walter

"John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
| After installing SP-2, I can no longer display profiles of people on my
| contact list. Right clicking after a contact no longer has view profile
on
| the drop down list. Is there another way to display profiles. Thanks for
| any suggestions you may have.

Rectification: Upgrade to MSN Mesenger6.2 is a better sugestion. I did it
and all thing works
fine. Dont foget disabling Windows Mesenger that came with SP2
Frendly Greetings Walter.