lxbruce

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2002
Can anyone help me I am having problems with my leadtek a250 ultra 4600ti. It has been crashing when under load ie. cf3 and the second test on 3d mark 2001 not the first one, I think it might be a power problem when I use the 250watt power it crashes after the 1st test in 3dmark 2001 and when I put in a 300watt power supply it can keep going till half way through the whole 3dmark testing. I think the 300watt power unit is playing up but when I done both tests all I pluged into was the hard disk,floppy and main board.

Col_Kiwi

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002
if its an ubercheap PSU, 300W may not be enough...

if it does better with the 300 then with the 250 that's a pretty strong indication. try for a 350 or 400 from a <b>good brand</b> like Antec or Enermax, not a cheap no-name one.

no-brand PSUs can sometimes be good sometimes not. I've got <A HREF="http://www.smempire.org/staff/kiwi/system.html" target="_new">my system</A> running on a no-brand 350W that came with my case. I figured i'd have to replace it but since it was a fancy expensive case i figured I'd give it a shot, and it's run perfectly ever since!

I got lucky, many people don't though.

-Col.Kiwi

Skipper007

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
Try pulling the Leadtek board out and putting it in again. Leadteks have heavy heatsinks and may get jiggled out of the AGP slot. Believe it or not, I think that solved a problem with my Leadtek board, although I haven't tested it long enough to be sure yet.