WebCam failure with New Meessenger 6.2

I get the following message and I have been able to use my
webcam before on the same computer. I have installed the
latest version of Messenger 6.2 and XP. My connection
states: you are connected to the internet through a UPnP
IP restricter NAT. The Internet Connection Firewall is
enabled (Administrator)

"You have invited J Gordon Bennett to start viewing
webcam. Please wait for a response or Cancel (Alt+Q) the
pending invitation.

Your conversation cannot begin because your camera is
currently in use or not plugged in. Make sure your camera
is available and try again.

Technical problems prevent you from having a webcam
conversation at this time. Please try again later.

Technical problems prevent you from having a webcam
conversation at this time. Please try again later.

You have canceled your invitation to start viewing
webcam."

Any Ideas

Just curious, but is the driver for the webcam MS-signed? Also, does the
webcam work in other applications or is just MSN Messenger affected?

Sincerely,
Michael Katz [MVP - MSN Client]