MSN Messenger & IE History

Hi all, I have a really annoying problem. When I try and
clear the IE history (via Tools >> Options >> Clear
History) it won't work. I have narrowed it down to this:

When MSN Messenger is logged in, I cant clear the
history. If I close MSN Messenger down, I can clear the
history. As a side note, Windows Messenger works fine! It
is very strange!

Pls can some one help?

Greetings,

I've never heard of this, however Messenger does make use of Internet Explorer for its tab
functionality (and a few other things). Can you be specific to what happens when you try?
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"PENo1" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, I have a really annoying problem. When I try and
> clear the IE history (via Tools >> Options >> Clear
> History) it won't work. I have narrowed it down to this:
>
> When MSN Messenger is logged in, I cant clear the
> history. If I close MSN Messenger down, I can clear the
> history. As a side note, Windows Messenger works fine! It
> is very strange!
>
> Pls can some one help?

Hi, Thanks for your quick reply. I will try and be a bit
more specific...

When I have MSN Messenger running (logged in) and I try
to clear IE's history, it doesnt work. I can click
the 'Clear History' button and it SEEMS as if it has
worked but when I view the Hstory in IE it is still
there. However, I can use Windows Messenger and this does
not happen.

Its seems as if MSN Messenger is kind of "Holding onto"
the history files or blocking them somehow.

Any ideas?

Jonathan Kay.