Other Favorite Games?

I'm curious what other Civ-players consider all-time classic games.
Obviously Civ is on the list, but what else?

My favorites growing up were MOO2, anything by Infocom, Populous, and
Wizardry, as well as the old "gold box" SSI AD&D games (Pool of Radiance,
Curse of the Azure Bonds, etc). Half-Life was a big one for me, as it was
for so many people - it showed just how moddable a FPS could be, and it
introduced the concept of twitch-gaming on-line.

Alpha Centauri, Alien Crossfire and the Championship Manager games.

Jens

meddelelsen news:Xns955FC7F4ADAF8qwertyuiop@129.250.170.84:

> I'm curious what other Civ-players consider all-time classic games.
> Obviously Civ is on the list, but what else?

Check my .sig - and the link... :)

--
Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u

"Don Quixote" <donquixote235@hotmail.[takethispartout].com> wrote in message
> I'm curious what other Civ-players consider all-time classic games.
> Obviously Civ is on the list, but what else?
>
> My favorites growing up were MOO2, anything by Infocom, Populous, and
> Wizardry, as well as the old "gold box" SSI AD&D games (Pool of Radiance,
> Curse of the Azure Bonds, etc). Half-Life was a big one for me, as it was
> for so many people - it showed just how moddable a FPS could be, and it
> introduced the concept of twitch-gaming on-line.

Wizardry and "Guadalcanal Campaign" on the Apple ][. I never bought MOO2
but had the original MOO which I played into the ground a few times.

GWB

23:41:32 Wed, 22 Sep 2004alt.games.civ3
GWB at GWB <capture_ctl@hotmail.com> writes:
>"Don Quixote" <donquixote235@hotmail.[takethispartout].com> wrote in message
>> I'm curious what other Civ-players consider all-time classic games.
>> Obviously Civ is on the list, but what else?
>>
>> My favorites growing up were MOO2, anything by Infocom, Populous, and
>> Wizardry, as well as the old "gold box" SSI AD&D games (Pool of Radiance,
>> Curse of the Azure Bonds, etc). Half-Life was a big one for me, as it was
>> for so many people - it showed just how moddable a FPS could be, and it
>> introduced the concept of twitch-gaming on-line.
>
>Wizardry and "Guadalcanal Campaign" on the Apple ][. I never bought MOO2
>but had the original MOO which I played into the ground a few times.

Avalon Hill's Third Reich (I had the 3rd edition board game).
Also, Imperium.
Dungeons and Dragons... (not the computer games).
World in Flames is good too, and still available.
--
Martin Thompson bin@tucana.demon.co.uk (use "martin" not "bin")
London, UK Home Page: http://www.tucana.demon.co.uk

"Everything I do and say with anyone makes a difference." Gita Bellin