Civ III Gold and Conquests but now PTW????

I have Civ III Gold and Conquests, installed them both, but when I play
Conquests (haven't tried with regular gold) I don't have all the options
that came with Play the World. Am I missing something or doing something
wrong?

Thanks.

"John Strong" <angrycornflake@NOSPAM.comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have Civ III Gold and Conquests, installed them both, but when I play
>Conquests (haven't tried with regular gold) I don't have all the options
>that came with Play the World. Am I missing something or doing something
>wrong?

I should clarify this by saying that I mean options like "Irrigate to Here"
and such with workers. Also the numerous automate options.

> "John Strong" <angrycornflake@NOSPAM.comcast.net> wrote in message
> >I have Civ III Gold and Conquests, installed them both, but when I play
> >Conquests (haven't tried with regular gold) I don't have all the options
> >that came with Play the World. Am I missing something or doing something
> >wrong?
>
> I should clarify this by saying that I mean options like "Irrigate to
Here"
> and such with workers. Also the numerous automate options.

In Conquests in the preferences option of the menu there is a setting to
allow advanced unit buttons. This should take care of your problem...

"Tzar Sasha" <tzar_sasha@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> "John Strong" <angrycornflake@NOSPAM.comcast.net> wrote in message
>> "John Strong" <angrycornflake@NOSPAM.comcast.net> wrote in message
>> >I have Civ III Gold and Conquests, installed them both, but when I play
>> >Conquests (haven't tried with regular gold) I don't have all the options
>> >that came with Play the World. Am I missing something or doing
>> >something
>> >wrong?
>>
>> I should clarify this by saying that I mean options like "Irrigate to
> Here"
>> and such with workers. Also the numerous automate options.
>>
> In Conquests in the preferences option of the menu there is a setting to
> allow advanced unit buttons. This should take care of your problem...

Thanks. I feel like an idiot now, but I did that and it worked. Was
wondering.

"John Strong" <angrycornflake@NOSPAM.comcast.net> wrote in news:_8KdnRSov-
5wvN_cRVn-tA@comcast.com:

> Thanks. I feel like an idiot now, but I did that and it worked. Was
> wondering.

They don't make it obvious; I only found it after screwing around just to
see what all the game options were. Personally I feel they should leave it
on by default, and give the ability to turn it off if it annoys you.

Nine times out of ten I rely on keyboard shortcuts, but sometimes you just
can't remember the shortcuts for lesser-used items, like for example "Build
Colony To"