Messenger/netmeeting/firewallSP2

danilo

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2004

Greetings
Before installing SP2, someone could invite me in messenger(4.7) to
netmeeting!
Now a window is telling us that netmeeting is not installed(on my computer)
or disabled. In the firewall(SP2) is made an exception for netmeeting en
messenger!
Where must I seek?
Thank you for your suggestions
Danilo

To start configuring NetMeeting, click the Start button --> click "Run" -->
type in "conf" (without the quotations).

This will bring you to the configuration screen. It should also be noted
that NetMeeting is being phased out because of MSN Messenger's
functionality.

Sincerely,
Michael Katz [MVP - MSN Client]
--

"Danilo" <ludancas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Greetings
> Before installing SP2, someone could invite me in messenger(4.7) to
> netmeeting!
> Now a window is telling us that netmeeting is not installed(on my
> computer) or disabled. In the firewall(SP2) is made an exception for
> netmeeting en messenger!
> Where must I seek?
> Thank you for your suggestions
> Danilo

Greetings Danilo,

You may simply want to install Windows Messenger 5.0 instead:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=77c3799f-6388-4193-8002-be55584c1ac1
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Danilo" <ludancas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Greetings
> Before installing SP2, someone could invite me in messenger(4.7) to netmeeting!
> Now a window is telling us that netmeeting is not installed(on my computer) or disabled. In
> the firewall(SP2) is made an exception for netmeeting en messenger!
> Where must I seek?
> Thank you for your suggestions
> Danilo

danilo

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2004

Thanks Michael
My NetMeeting has allready been configured!
But still in Messenger 4.7, during a conversation, a window is telling us
that my NetMeeting is not installed or disabled when I accept the invitation
to use NetMeeting!
Danilo

"Michael Katz [MVP]" <michaelk018@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> To start configuring NetMeeting, click the Start button --> click
> "Run" --> type in "conf" (without the quotations).
>
> This will bring you to the configuration screen. It should also be noted
> that NetMeeting is being phased out because of MSN Messenger's
> functionality.
>
> Sincerely,
> Michael Katz [MVP - MSN Client]
> --
>

> "Danilo" <ludancas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Greetings
>> Before installing SP2, someone could invite me in messenger(4.7) to
>> netmeeting!
>> Now a window is telling us that netmeeting is not installed(on my
>> computer) or disabled. In the firewall(SP2) is made an exception for
>> netmeeting en messenger!
>> Where must I seek?
>> Thank you for your suggestions
>> Danilo

danilo

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2004

Thank you Jonathan
Will the update from Messenger 4.7 to 5.0 resolve the impossibility to be
invited to NetMeeting ?
Ps: Why didn't I receive that update, it always happened in the past
Danilo
"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> schreef in bericht
> Greetings Danilo,
>
> You may simply want to install Windows Messenger 5.0 instead:
> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=77c3799f-6388-4193-8002-be55584c1ac1
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Danilo" <ludancas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Greetings
>> Before installing SP2, someone could invite me in messenger(4.7) to
>> netmeeting!
>> Now a window is telling us that netmeeting is not installed(on my
>> computer) or disabled. In the firewall(SP2) is made an exception for
>> netmeeting en messenger!
>> Where must I seek?
>> Thank you for your suggestions
>> Danilo

Hi Danilo,

Well,that's the plan.

Windows Messenger 5.0 is considered a separate client and therefore isn't considered an
"update".
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert