Messenger/netmeeting/firewallSP2

Greetings
Before installing SP2, someone could invite me in messenger(4.7) to
netmeeting!
Now a window is telling us that netmeeting is not installed(on my computer)
or disabled. In the firewall(SP2) is made an exception for netmeeting en
messenger!
Where must I seek?
Thank you for your suggestions
Danilo
5 answers Last reply
More about messenger netmeeting firewallsp2

    To start configuring NetMeeting, click the Start button --> click "Run" -->
    type in "conf" (without the quotations).

    This will bring you to the configuration screen. It should also be noted
    that NetMeeting is being phased out because of MSN Messenger's
    functionality.

    Sincerely,
    Michael Katz [MVP - MSN Client]
    --

    "Danilo" <ludancas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Greetings
    > Before installing SP2, someone could invite me in messenger(4.7) to
    > netmeeting!
    > Now a window is telling us that netmeeting is not installed(on my
    > computer) or disabled. In the firewall(SP2) is made an exception for
    > netmeeting en messenger!
    > Where must I seek?
    > Thank you for your suggestions
    > Danilo

    Greetings Danilo,

    You may simply want to install Windows Messenger 5.0 instead:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=77c3799f-6388-4193-8002-be55584c1ac1
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Danilo" <ludancas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Greetings
    > Before installing SP2, someone could invite me in messenger(4.7) to netmeeting!
    > Now a window is telling us that netmeeting is not installed(on my computer) or disabled. In
    > the firewall(SP2) is made an exception for netmeeting en messenger!
    > Where must I seek?
    > Thank you for your suggestions
    > Danilo

    Thanks Michael
    My NetMeeting has allready been configured!
    But still in Messenger 4.7, during a conversation, a window is telling us
    that my NetMeeting is not installed or disabled when I accept the invitation
    to use NetMeeting!
    Danilo

    "Michael Katz [MVP]" <michaelk018@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
    > To start configuring NetMeeting, click the Start button --> click
    > "Run" --> type in "conf" (without the quotations).
    >
    > This will bring you to the configuration screen. It should also be noted
    > that NetMeeting is being phased out because of MSN Messenger's
    > functionality.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > Michael Katz [MVP - MSN Client]
    > --
    >

    > "Danilo" <ludancas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Greetings
    >> Before installing SP2, someone could invite me in messenger(4.7) to
    >> netmeeting!
    >> Now a window is telling us that netmeeting is not installed(on my
    >> computer) or disabled. In the firewall(SP2) is made an exception for
    >> netmeeting en messenger!
    >> Where must I seek?
    >> Thank you for your suggestions
    >> Danilo

    Thank you Jonathan
    Will the update from Messenger 4.7 to 5.0 resolve the impossibility to be
    invited to NetMeeting ?
    Ps: Why didn't I receive that update, it always happened in the past
    Danilo
    "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> schreef in bericht
    > Greetings Danilo,
    >
    > You may simply want to install Windows Messenger 5.0 instead:
    > http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=77c3799f-6388-4193-8002-be55584c1ac1
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "Danilo" <ludancas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Greetings
    >> Before installing SP2, someone could invite me in messenger(4.7) to
    >> netmeeting!
    >> Now a window is telling us that netmeeting is not installed(on my
    >> computer) or disabled. In the firewall(SP2) is made an exception for
    >> netmeeting en messenger!
    >> Where must I seek?
    >> Thank you for your suggestions
    >> Danilo

    Hi Danilo,

    Well,that's the plan.

    Windows Messenger 5.0 is considered a separate client and therefore isn't considered an
    "update".
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    > Thank you Jonathan
    > Will the update from Messenger 4.7 to 5.0 resolve the impossibility to be invited to
    > NetMeeting ?
    > Ps: Why didn't I receive that update, it always happened in the past
    > Danilo
    > "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> schreef in bericht
    >> Greetings Danilo,
    >>
    >> You may simply want to install Windows Messenger 5.0 instead:
    >> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=77c3799f-6388-4193-8002-be55584c1ac1
    >> Jonathan Kay
    >> Associate Expert
    >>
    >> "Danilo" <ludancas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Greetings
    >>> Before installing SP2, someone could invite me in messenger(4.7) to netmeeting!
    >>> Now a window is telling us that netmeeting is not installed(on my computer) or disabled.
    >>> In the firewall(SP2) is made an exception for netmeeting en messenger!
    >>> Where must I seek?
    >>> Thank you for your suggestions
    >>> Danilo

Messenger Microsoft Windows XP