Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Messenger/netmeeting/firewallSP2

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
October 3, 2004 2:01:22 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Greetings
Before installing SP2, someone could invite me in messenger(4.7) to
netmeeting!
Now a window is telling us that netmeeting is not installed(on my computer)
or disabled. In the firewall(SP2) is made an exception for netmeeting en
messenger!
Where must I seek?
Thank you for your suggestions
Danilo
Anonymous
October 3, 2004 2:01:23 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

To start configuring NetMeeting, click the Start button --> click "Run" -->
type in "conf" (without the quotations).

This will bring you to the configuration screen. It should also be noted
that NetMeeting is being phased out because of MSN Messenger's
functionality.

Sincerely,
Michael Katz [MVP - MSN Client]
--


"Danilo" <ludancas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:SyF7d.264216$JV5.13670456@phobos.telenet-ops.be...
> Greetings
> Before installing SP2, someone could invite me in messenger(4.7) to
> netmeeting!
> Now a window is telling us that netmeeting is not installed(on my
> computer) or disabled. In the firewall(SP2) is made an exception for
> netmeeting en messenger!
> Where must I seek?
> Thank you for your suggestions
> Danilo
>
Anonymous
October 3, 2004 2:01:23 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Greetings Danilo,

You may simply want to install Windows Messenger 5.0 instead:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=77...
____________________________________________
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
Associate Expert
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.

"Danilo" <ludancas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:SyF7d.264216$JV5.13670456@phobos.telenet-ops.be...
> Greetings
> Before installing SP2, someone could invite me in messenger(4.7) to netmeeting!
> Now a window is telling us that netmeeting is not installed(on my computer) or disabled. In
> the firewall(SP2) is made an exception for netmeeting en messenger!
> Where must I seek?
> Thank you for your suggestions
> Danilo
>
October 4, 2004 9:03:10 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Thanks Michael
My NetMeeting has allready been configured!
But still in Messenger 4.7, during a conversation, a window is telling us
that my NetMeeting is not installed or disabled when I accept the invitation
to use NetMeeting!
Danilo

"Michael Katz [MVP]" <michaelk018@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
news:%23i4iI9MqEHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> To start configuring NetMeeting, click the Start button --> click
> "Run" --> type in "conf" (without the quotations).
>
> This will bring you to the configuration screen. It should also be noted
> that NetMeeting is being phased out because of MSN Messenger's
> functionality.
>
> Sincerely,
> Michael Katz [MVP - MSN Client]
> --
>
>
> "Danilo" <ludancas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:SyF7d.264216$JV5.13670456@phobos.telenet-ops.be...
>> Greetings
>> Before installing SP2, someone could invite me in messenger(4.7) to
>> netmeeting!
>> Now a window is telling us that netmeeting is not installed(on my
>> computer) or disabled. In the firewall(SP2) is made an exception for
>> netmeeting en messenger!
>> Where must I seek?
>> Thank you for your suggestions
>> Danilo
>>
>
>
October 4, 2004 9:06:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Thank you Jonathan
Will the update from Messenger 4.7 to 5.0 resolve the impossibility to be
invited to NetMeeting ?
Ps: Why didn't I receive that update, it always happened in the past
Danilo
"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> schreef in bericht
news:uLi1J$MqEHA.3748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Greetings Danilo,
>
> You may simply want to install Windows Messenger 5.0 instead:
> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=77...
> ____________________________________________
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
> Associate Expert
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
> Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
> You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
>
> "Danilo" <ludancas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:SyF7d.264216$JV5.13670456@phobos.telenet-ops.be...
>> Greetings
>> Before installing SP2, someone could invite me in messenger(4.7) to
>> netmeeting!
>> Now a window is telling us that netmeeting is not installed(on my
>> computer) or disabled. In the firewall(SP2) is made an exception for
>> netmeeting en messenger!
>> Where must I seek?
>> Thank you for your suggestions
>> Danilo
>>
>
>
Anonymous
October 4, 2004 9:06:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Hi Danilo,

Well,that's the plan.

Windows Messenger 5.0 is considered a separate client and therefore isn't considered an
"update".
____________________________________________
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
Associate Expert
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.

"Danilo" <ludancas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:uqf8d.265580$8z1.13976670@phobos.telenet-ops.be...
> Thank you Jonathan
> Will the update from Messenger 4.7 to 5.0 resolve the impossibility to be invited to
> NetMeeting ?
> Ps: Why didn't I receive that update, it always happened in the past
> Danilo
> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> schreef in bericht
> news:uLi1J$MqEHA.3748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Greetings Danilo,
>>
>> You may simply want to install Windows Messenger 5.0 instead:
>> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=77...
>> ____________________________________________
>> Jonathan Kay
>> Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
>> Associate Expert
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
>> Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
>> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
>> You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
>>
>> "Danilo" <ludancas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:SyF7d.264216$JV5.13670456@phobos.telenet-ops.be...
>>> Greetings
>>> Before installing SP2, someone could invite me in messenger(4.7) to netmeeting!
>>> Now a window is telling us that netmeeting is not installed(on my computer) or disabled.
>>> In the firewall(SP2) is made an exception for netmeeting en messenger!
>>> Where must I seek?
>>> Thank you for your suggestions
>>> Danilo
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
!