Windows Messenger

I just installed SP2 yesterday and I don't know if it has
anything to do with the problem I have encountered with
Windows Messenger. I originally had Windows Messenger
4.7 installed and I did a right click and went to check
my Hotmail email but when it opened it didn't go directly
to my inbox. Instead it went to the Hotmail website and
asked for my password. It used to go directly to my
email. I then installed Windows Messenger 5.0 and the
same thing happened. Anybody have any idea what is going
on? It used to take me directly into my inbox, but no
longer. Is this part of SP2?
1 answer Last reply
More about windows messenger

    Greetings Will,

    Yes, this functionality was removed in Windows Messenger in SP2 (and it's not in 5.0 either).

    To quickly fix this, simply downgrade back to the previous version from here:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4

    You'll also need the MSN Add-In:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Will" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I just installed SP2 yesterday and I don't know if it has
    > anything to do with the problem I have encountered with
    > Windows Messenger. I originally had Windows Messenger
    > 4.7 installed and I did a right click and went to check
    > my Hotmail email but when it opened it didn't go directly
    > to my inbox. Instead it went to the Hotmail website and
    > asked for my password. It used to go directly to my
    > email. I then installed Windows Messenger 5.0 and the
    > same thing happened. Anybody have any idea what is going
    > on? It used to take me directly into my inbox, but no
    > longer. Is this part of SP2?

Hotmail Messenger Windows XP