can't log on to messenger on 4 different computers

Since Friday, Oct 1, I haven't been able to log on to windows
messenger. I have tried 4 different computers and 3 different user
names (including my wife's and daughter's). Sometimes net status
responds quickly that all is fine, other times that info is very slow.
I have reinstalled version 4.7.2009 on two machines with no
difference. Cleared cookies and history, checked the security
advanced options mentioned in an earlier post, and ran regsvr32
softpub.dll Still cannot sign on. Also cannot seem to get to
www.microsoft.com or www.hotmail.com Anyone else having this problem?
Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks

Stephen

Greetings Chuck,

If you're not able to get to Microsoft or Hotmail from any of the PCs, I suggest that you
might want to contact your ISP and they can help you out.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Chuck&Bob" <stephen@coastside.net> wrote in message
> Since Friday, Oct 1, I haven't been able to log on to windows
> messenger. I have tried 4 different computers and 3 different user
> names (including my wife's and daughter's). Sometimes net status
> responds quickly that all is fine, other times that info is very slow.
> I have reinstalled version 4.7.2009 on two machines with no
> difference. Cleared cookies and history, checked the security
> advanced options mentioned in an earlier post, and ran regsvr32
> softpub.dll Still cannot sign on. Also cannot seem to get to
> www.microsoft.com or www.hotmail.com Anyone else having this problem?
> Any idea what is wrong?
>
> Thanks
>
> Stephen

Hi again,
Naturally my dsl company office is closed on Sunday. :-( However,
I have internet access that seems to be running normal in all other
areas, including this newsgroup, my eamil account, and the internet
(except for some, but not, all microsoft sites)

Stephen

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 13:22:12 -0400, "Jonathan Kay [MVP]"
<msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote:

>Greetings Chuck,
>
>If you're not able to get to Microsoft or Hotmail from any of the PCs, I suggest that you
>might want to contact your ISP and they can help you out.
>Jonathan Kay
>Associate Expert
>All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
>
>"Chuck&Bob" <stephen@coastside.net> wrote in message
>> Since Friday, Oct 1, I haven't been able to log on to windows
>> messenger. I have tried 4 different computers and 3 different user
>> names (including my wife's and daughter's). Sometimes net status
>> responds quickly that all is fine, other times that info is very slow.
>> I have reinstalled version 4.7.2009 on two machines with no
>> difference. Cleared cookies and history, checked the security
>> advanced options mentioned in an earlier post, and ran regsvr32
>> softpub.dll Still cannot sign on. Also cannot seem to get to
>> www.microsoft.com or www.hotmail.com Anyone else having this problem?
>> Any idea what is wrong?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Stephen

I have current virus defs, and no known virus on my machine. No
adware either. I just checked the site:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/messenger/helphome.asp and could get
there just fine, but clicked the link "Windows Messenger Support
Center." and it is not available. Net staus says fine. Have tried to
log on with 4 different user names and still nothing. Firewall is
completly off, same with windows firewall.

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 10:55:10 -0700, Chuck&Bob <stephen@coastside.net>
wrote:

>Hi again,
> Naturally my dsl company office is closed on Sunday. :-( However,
>I have internet access that seems to be running normal in all other
>areas, including this newsgroup, my eamil account, and the internet
>(except for some, but not, all microsoft sites)
>
>Stephen
>
>On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 13:22:12 -0400, "Jonathan Kay [MVP]"
><msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote:
>
>>Greetings Chuck,
>>
>>If you're not able to get to Microsoft or Hotmail from any of the PCs, I suggest that you
>>might want to contact your ISP and they can help you out.
>>Jonathan Kay
>>Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
>>Associate Expert
>>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
>>Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
>>All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
>>You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
>>
>>"Chuck&Bob" <stephen@coastside.net> wrote in message
>>> Since Friday, Oct 1, I haven't been able to log on to windows
>>> messenger. I have tried 4 different computers and 3 different user
>>> names (including my wife's and daughter's). Sometimes net status
>>> responds quickly that all is fine, other times that info is very slow.
>>> I have reinstalled version 4.7.2009 on two machines with no
>>> difference. Cleared cookies and history, checked the security
>>> advanced options mentioned in an earlier post, and ran regsvr32
>>> softpub.dll Still cannot sign on. Also cannot seem to get to
>>> www.microsoft.com or www.hotmail.com Anyone else having this problem?
>>> Any idea what is wrong?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Stephen