Windows Messenger - XP SP2

I downloaded the latest service pack for Windows XP
Professional and when I opened Windows Messenger I
noticed the option of checking email was no longer
available.

It used to appear right above my Online contacts.
However, it still has an option of checking email (Click
File | My Email Inbox), but when I click it opens up
Eudora. That is the email client I use. I would like to
be able to check my Hotmail email instead. Did Service
Pack 2 (SP2) removed this feature?

I thought only in Windows Messenger 5.0 was going to
remove this feature. I don't see what was changed,
because I still have Windows Messenger 4.7 installed.
What is the problem?
3 answers Last reply
More about windows messenger

    Greetings Eric,

    Actually, the SP2 version of Windows Messenger doesn't support Add-Ins, so this feature is
    now gone.

    To quickly fix this, simply downgrade back to the previous version from here:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4

    You'll also need the MSN Add-In:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I downloaded the latest service pack for Windows XP
    > Professional and when I opened Windows Messenger I
    > noticed the option of checking email was no longer
    > available.
    >
    > It used to appear right above my Online contacts.
    > However, it still has an option of checking email (Click
    > File | My Email Inbox), but when I click it opens up
    > Eudora. That is the email client I use. I would like to
    > be able to check my Hotmail email instead. Did Service
    > Pack 2 (SP2) removed this feature?
    >
    > I thought only in Windows Messenger 5.0 was going to
    > remove this feature. I don't see what was changed,
    > because I still have Windows Messenger 4.7 installed.
    > What is the problem?

    Hi Jonathan,

    Is it possible that this add-in will become available in
    the next update whenever the next service pack for
    Windows XP becomes available?

    Why was it removed? I really liked that feature.

    Jonathan Kay.

    "Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
    |I downloaded the latest service pack for Windows XP
    | Professional and when I opened Windows Messenger I
    | noticed the option of checking email was no longer
    | available.
    |
    | It used to appear right above my Online contacts.
    | However, it still has an option of checking email (Click
    | File | My Email Inbox), but when I click it opens up
    | Eudora. That is the email client I use. I would like to
    | be able to check my Hotmail email instead. Did Service
    | Pack 2 (SP2) removed this feature?
    |
    | I thought only in Windows Messenger 5.0 was going to
    | remove this feature. I don't see what was changed,
    | because I still have Windows Messenger 4.7 installed.
    | What is the problem?

    Update to MSN Messenger 6.2 and all tings work fine.

Messenger Email Windows XP