Remote Assistance Connection could not be established

October 3, 2004 11:53:02 PM

I get the following error message when my daughter tries to connect to my
computer using Remote Assistance. "Remote Assistance Connection could not be
established because the Remote Host Name could not be resolved." I am running
Windows XP Professional SP2 and connect to the Internet using a cable modem.
My daughter is running Windows XP Professional SP2 and has a Netgear WG311
wireless PCI adapter and connects to the Internet through a Netgear Wireless
router. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
--
Wayne
Anonymous

Greetings Wayne,

In order for this to work, your Netgear router will need to support Universal Plug and Play
(UPnP). You'll either need a firmware update to support UPnP
(http://kbserver.netgear.com/main.asp) or simply need to toggle it on in the routers'
configuration screens.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert