Swithched to Verizon PTT

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Well I finally made the switch from Nextel to Verizon. Here is the
deal......

Verizon's initial connect time is approximately 2 Seconds then nearly
instant after that. I can use it in my house. Big plus over Nextel as I
would have no service displayed on the screen most of the time. Verizon PTT
is by far HANDS DOWN Clearer than Nextel.

2 THUMBS UP to Verizon. Great job. IMHO once Verizon advertises their PTT
and people see that it is much improved over their first rollout I believe
that Nextel will lose market share quickly. Go VERIZON!!!

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Good, maybe if a lot of people leave Nextel, then I will stop getting
all the busy signals. You are the 1st person to like the Verizon PTT.
People I have met say it is much slower than Nextel. I once talked to
someone in Hawaii from Florida and the response was instant with Nextel.
IMHO Nextel's problem is too many people are trying to use their service
now. I have been with them for about 10 years and early on their service
was superior to any other service in South East Florida. They have to
either provide upgrade or have fewer subscribers. Thanks for helping us out.

Jimmy D wrote:
> Well I finally made the switch from Nextel to Verizon. Here is the
> deal......
>
> Verizon's initial connect time is approximately 2 Seconds then nearly
> instant after that. I can use it in my house. Big plus over Nextel as I
> would have no service displayed on the screen most of the time. Verizon PTT
> is by far HANDS DOWN Clearer than Nextel.
>
> 2 THUMBS UP to Verizon. Great job. IMHO once Verizon advertises their PTT
> and people see that it is much improved over their first rollout I believe
> that Nextel will lose market share quickly. Go VERIZON!!!

Justin

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

does Direct Connect work between a Verizon and a Nextel phone?
"Michael Greene" <wgreene63@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Good, maybe if a lot of people leave Nextel, then I will stop getting
> all the busy signals. You are the 1st person to like the Verizon PTT.
> People I have met say it is much slower than Nextel. I once talked to
> someone in Hawaii from Florida and the response was instant with Nextel.
> IMHO Nextel's problem is too many people are trying to use their service
> now. I have been with them for about 10 years and early on their service
> was superior to any other service in South East Florida. They have to
> either provide upgrade or have fewer subscribers. Thanks for helping us
out.

> Jimmy D wrote:
> > Well I finally made the switch from Nextel to Verizon. Here is the
> > deal......
> >
> > Verizon's initial connect time is approximately 2 Seconds then nearly
> > instant after that. I can use it in my house. Big plus over Nextel as
> > would have no service displayed on the screen most of the time. Verizon
PTT
> > is by far HANDS DOWN Clearer than Nextel.
> >
> > 2 THUMBS UP to Verizon. Great job. IMHO once Verizon advertises their
PTT
> > and people see that it is much improved over their first rollout I
believe
> > that Nextel will lose market share quickly. Go VERIZON!!!

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

No, they are 2 different technologies. Nextel is a 2-way radio based
system, where Verizon is VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol)

Motorola is father to both systems. It originated the Iden system (Nextel)
and purchased the VOIP software rights that Verizon is using.

"Justin" <justinandsteph@rcn.com> wrote in message
> does Direct Connect work between a Verizon and a Nextel phone?
> "Michael Greene" <wgreene63@netscape.net> wrote in message
>> Good, maybe if a lot of people leave Nextel, then I will stop getting
>> all the busy signals. You are the 1st person to like the Verizon PTT.
>> People I have met say it is much slower than Nextel. I once talked to
>> someone in Hawaii from Florida and the response was instant with Nextel.
>> IMHO Nextel's problem is too many people are trying to use their service
>> now. I have been with them for about 10 years and early on their service
>> was superior to any other service in South East Florida. They have to
>> either provide upgrade or have fewer subscribers. Thanks for helping us
> out.
>>
>> Jimmy D wrote:
>> > Well I finally made the switch from Nextel to Verizon. Here is the
>> > deal......
>> >
>> > Verizon's initial connect time is approximately 2 Seconds then nearly
>> > instant after that. I can use it in my house. Big plus over Nextel as
>> > would have no service displayed on the screen most of the time.
>> > Verizon
> PTT
>> > is by far HANDS DOWN Clearer than Nextel.
>> >
>> > 2 THUMBS UP to Verizon. Great job. IMHO once Verizon advertises their
> PTT
>> > and people see that it is much improved over their first rollout I
> believe
>> > that Nextel will lose market share quickly. Go VERIZON!!!

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I simply do not believe this. I tried verizon's PTT and it took 15
seconds to connect.
The only way it could take 2 seconds is if it was already connected.

Try hitting end on both phones then try your Verizon PTT. I bet it
takes much longer than 2 seconds.

****
One thing that that readers should be aware of is that handset will
beep as if the message is instantly sent, but the person RECEIVING the
ptt message will hear it 15 seconds later. The immediate beep make the
sender feel as if the PTT message is being immediately sent.

So again - Put both phones next to each other and hit END to ensure the
connection is closed. Push one PTT button and say hello. Count 15
seconds then you'll hear it. After that it works pretty fast. But in
my opinion, the 15 second delay is not a true PTT.

If anyone is considering Verizon PTT, I suggest you try it in the
store first. Be sure to hit end on both phones, then try the PTT with
two adjacent phones.

"Jimmy D" <jimmyd@anon.com> wrote in news:phyte.21723$qr1.8628@trndny07:

> 2 THUMBS UP to Verizon. Great job. IMHO once Verizon advertises their
> PTT and people see that it is much improved over their first rollout I
> believe that Nextel will lose market share quickly. Go VERIZON!!!

Now, who you gonna PTT to? Everyone else is on Nextel...(c;

--
Larry

You know you've had a rough night when you wake up and your outlined in
chalk.

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

"Justin" <justinandsteph@rcn.com> wrote in news:e96dncX7RPsSRyvfRVn-
3g@rcn.net:

> does Direct Connect work between a Verizon and a Nextel phone?
> "

Over Nextel's dead body pulled out of their cold, dead hands...(c;

--
Larry

You know you've had a rough night when you wake up and your outlined in
chalk.

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

You consider 2 Seconds "MUCH SLOWER" I'll take a two second initial connect
that is clear than an INSTANT GARBLED Message. I just talked from PA to CA
with the Verizon PTT. Guess what. Completely Clear with no delay. CAN YOU
HEAR ME NOW?

"Michael Greene" <wgreene63@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Good, maybe if a lot of people leave Nextel, then I will stop getting all
> the busy signals. You are the 1st person to like the Verizon PTT. People I
> have met say it is much slower than Nextel. I once talked to someone in
> Hawaii from Florida and the response was instant with Nextel. IMHO
> Nextel's problem is too many people are trying to use their service now. I
> have been with them for about 10 years and early on their service was
> superior to any other service in South East Florida. They have to either
> provide upgrade or have fewer subscribers. Thanks for helping us out.
>
> Jimmy D wrote:
>> Well I finally made the switch from Nextel to Verizon. Here is the
>> deal......
>>
>> Verizon's initial connect time is approximately 2 Seconds then nearly
>> instant after that. I can use it in my house. Big plus over Nextel as I
>> would have no service displayed on the screen most of the time. Verizon
>> PTT is by far HANDS DOWN Clearer than Nextel.
>>
>> 2 THUMBS UP to Verizon. Great job. IMHO once Verizon advertises their
>> PTT and people see that it is much improved over their first rollout I
>> believe that Nextel will lose market share quickly. Go VERIZON!!!

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

The fastest time for me was 15 seconds.

All I can tell the users considering either Nextel or Verizon is to try
before you buy.
My experiences show that the verizon PTT was very poor.

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

One thing to remember with Nextel Vs. Verizon. Nextel Direct Connect works
everywhere Nextel Cell works. The same cannot be said with Verizon. They
still have analog sites around the country and their PTW requires a digital
connection...

Zman53 wrote:
> One thing to remember with Nextel Vs. Verizon. Nextel
> Direct Connect works everywhere Nextel Cell works. The
> same cannot be said with Verizon. They still have analog
> sites around the country and their PTW requires a digital
> connection...

But this doesn't have any meaning until you compare
the Nextel coverage with VZW digital coverage.

-Quick

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

That is a good point. I have clearly stated in my previous posts that
the verizon coverage is better than nextel.

I am trying make it clear that Verizon's PTT is NOT nearly as good as
Nextel's PTT. I should go to the store and video tape it so people can
see what I mean.

I have tried both. I use Nextel for my business line and Verizon for
my personal usage.

Very, very few are analog only.

infinitisound@yahoo.com wrote in

> If anyone is considering Verizon PTT, I suggest you try it in the
> store first. Be sure to hit end on both phones, then try the PTT with
> two adjacent phones.

Ahh.....Let me tell you how WE tested it...from Northwoods Mall on the N
side of Charleston SC to the Citadel Mall on the S side of Charleston....

Have the sales personae call the other store's phone on landline where
there isn't even any digital cellular delay they can excuse the delay with.
Now that you have the remote store on the phone, Press the PTT on his group
at your end and listen on the phone for HIS phone to beep. While listening
to him talking on the landline with HIS PTT pushed down, time how long it
takes to hear him on your PTT phone...

While monitoring the landline so you can hear yourself and him talking back
to you, keep the PTT moving back and forth and you'll have an actual
realtime test of how well...or bad...it works.

VoIP is never going to be a trunked radio system like iDen which was
designed for it. The iDen hardware, if you have a signal which is another
matter entirely, wins every time.

--

"Zman53" <zman53@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> One thing to remember with Nextel Vs. Verizon. Nextel Direct Connect
> works
> everywhere Nextel Cell works. The same cannot be said with Verizon. They
> still have analog sites around the country and their PTW requires a
> digital
> connection...

So you are saying you would rather have "No Service" from Nextel than to be
able to make an analog call in remote areas on Verizon?

-Jeff

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

OK, I tried your test. The longest time it took with both phones sitting
side by side was 7 Seconds. Yep, 7 Seconds. That's all. No longer. And
Guess what? You know that garbled transmission that you get quite frequently
using the Nextel DC? I've been using the Verizon Push to Talk pretty
heavily over the past two days and guess what? That's right! NO GARBLED
TRANSMISSIONS!!! I will take a slight delay over a 45% of the time Nextel
garbled transmission. Sorry Guys, Verizon is headed in the right direction.
I'm sure the initial delay will only get shorter. And one other thing. The
Verizon cell phone the VX4700 is spectacular. Very very clear when making
cell calls. All I can say is, CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!!!

<infinitisound@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I simply do not believe this. I tried verizon's PTT and it took 15
> seconds to connect.
> The only way it could take 2 seconds is if it was already connected.
>
> Try hitting end on both phones then try your Verizon PTT. I bet it
> takes much longer than 2 seconds.
>
> ****
> One thing that that readers should be aware of is that handset will
> beep as if the message is instantly sent, but the person RECEIVING the
> ptt message will hear it 15 seconds later. The immediate beep make the
> sender feel as if the PTT message is being immediately sent.
>
> So again - Put both phones next to each other and hit END to ensure the
> connection is closed. Push one PTT button and say hello. Count 15
> seconds then you'll hear it. After that it works pretty fast. But in
> my opinion, the 15 second delay is not a true PTT.
>
> If anyone is considering Verizon PTT, I suggest you try it in the
> store first. Be sure to hit end on both phones, then try the PTT with
> two adjacent phones.

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

-- snip --
In reality who cares about the 7 Second initial delay.
If you are going to
have two phones sitting next to one another why bother having PTT of DC
in
the first place. You could just simply turn to the person and have a
real-time conversation.
-- snip --

The 7 seconds is more like 15 seconds. 15 seconds was the fastest
I've seen it initially connect.

You obviously did not get the point of having the two phones next to
each other. It was to prove the bad latency delay for the initial
connection.

Verizon's PTT is the about the same speed as you calling someone up on
the cell phone. So what is the advantage??? Its actually a
disadvantage because only one person can talk at once. You are better
off simply calling the person on the cell phone.

Don't lose focus of what PTT is for. PTT is for quick short
conversations. I am in the audio business where I rent and operate
sound systems. Here is a simulation of using verizon PTT and Nextel
PTT in my sort of business. This is to show the importance of low
delay. : For simplicity, I will use an average case of 2 second for
Nextel and 15 seconds for Verizon for *initial* connections. The 2
seconds for Nextel is being conservative as it is typically about 1
second.

---------------------Nextel
simulation--------------------------------------
(2 seconds) Person A -> Person B : "Where did you park the truck?"
(2 seconds) Person B- > Person A: "I dont know, Ask person C because
he parked it"
(2 seconds) Person A-> Person C: "Where did you park the van?"
(2 seconds) Person C -> Person A "Its behind the stage"
(2 seconds) Person A -> Person B "Can you go get the cables from the
truck since you are closest"

Total Nextel overhead connection time: 10 seconds

---------------------Verizon
simulation--------------------------------------
(15 seconds) Person A -> Person B : "Where did you park the truck?"
(2 seconds) Person B- > Person A: "I dont know, Ask person C because
he parked it"
(15 seconds) Person A-> Person C: "Where did you park the van?"
(2 seconds) Person C -> Person A "Its behind the stage"
(15 seconds) Person A -> Person B "Can you go get the cables from the
truck since you are closest"

Total Verizon overhead connection time: 47 seconds
This long delay is due to the person having to end then intiate calls
to different people. The 15 seconds is were a new connection is made.

I am not a Nextel or a Verizon advocate. I want people to be educated
in what PTT is and what it is used for and how it should work. If you
do not need a responsive PTT, by all means, use Verizon. I do for my
personal cell phone. If you need a responsive PTT, use Nextel.

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

You say "If you have a SIGNAL". EXACTLY my point. I will take the 7 second
delay over a garbled no signal Nextel any day of the week. I've been a
Nextel subscriber for 5 years. Just made the switch to Verizon PTT. Glad I
did. Two full days on the system with no problems. Everyone is complaining
about the Verizon delay, and put two phones sided by side, or call one
Verizon store and key the PTT up and wait to hear the delay first hand. In
reality who cares about the 7 Second initial delay. If you are going to
have two phones sitting next to one another why bother having PTT of DC in
the first place. You could just simply turn to the person and have a
real-time conversation. I guess what I am trying to say is if the two
phones are 1/2 mile apart or 2000 miles apart you won't notice the delay.
How often are you going to talk to a person in the same room with a PTT or a
DC phone. That is just plainly absurd. If you just want plain PTT clarity,
then VERIZON should be your choice HANDS DOWN!!! If you want to take your
chances and have that 1/2 second Nextel DC Garbled connection 45% of the
time then Go For It. You have been warned from a former Nextel Subscriber!
CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!!! 2 Thumbs Up for Verizon!!!

"Larry W4CSC" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
> infinitisound@yahoo.com wrote in
>

> VoIP is never going to be a trunked radio system like iDen which was
> designed for it. The iDen hardware, if you have a signal which is another
> matter entirely, wins every time.
>
> --
> Larry
>
> You know you've had a rough night when you wake up and your outlined in
> chalk.

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Jimmy. One fact remains for me. I am in construction. ALL but two of my
contacts are all on Nextel. When they all switch to Verizon, then it may be
worth while.

--
BD
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side & a dark side, and it holds

"Jimmie James" <james@james.com> wrote in message
> You say "If you have a SIGNAL". EXACTLY my point. I will take the 7
second
> delay over a garbled no signal Nextel any day of the week. I've been a
> Nextel subscriber for 5 years. Just made the switch to Verizon PTT. Glad
> did. Two full days on the system with no problems. Everyone is
complaining
> about the Verizon delay, and put two phones sided by side, or call one
> Verizon store and key the PTT up and wait to hear the delay first hand.
In
> reality who cares about the 7 Second initial delay. If you are going to
> have two phones sitting next to one another why bother having PTT of DC in
> the first place. You could just simply turn to the person and have a
> real-time conversation. I guess what I am trying to say is if the two
> phones are 1/2 mile apart or 2000 miles apart you won't notice the delay.
> How often are you going to talk to a person in the same room with a PTT or
> DC phone. That is just plainly absurd. If you just want plain PTT
clarity,
> then VERIZON should be your choice HANDS DOWN!!! If you want to take your
> chances and have that 1/2 second Nextel DC Garbled connection 45% of the
> time then Go For It. You have been warned from a former Nextel
Subscriber!
> CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!!! 2 Thumbs Up for Verizon!!!
>
> "Larry W4CSC" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
> > infinitisound@yahoo.com wrote in
> >

> > VoIP is never going to be a trunked radio system like iDen which was
> > designed for it. The iDen hardware, if you have a signal which is anoth
er
> > matter entirely, wins every time.
> >
> > --
> > Larry
> >
> > You know you've had a rough night when you wake up and your outlined in
> > chalk.

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

<infinitisound@yahoo.com> wrote in message
..

> Don't lose focus of what PTT is for. PTT is for quick short
> conversations. I am in the audio business where I rent and operate
> sound systems. Here is a simulation of using verizon PTT and Nextel
> PTT in my sort of business. This is to show the importance of low
> delay. : For simplicity, I will use an average case of 2 second for
> Nextel and 15 seconds for Verizon for *initial* connections. The 2
> seconds for Nextel is being conservative as it is typically about 1
> second.

---------------------Nextel
simulation--------------------------------------
(2 seconds) Person A -> Person B : "Where did you park the truck?"

(2 seconds) Person B- > Person A: "I dont ^&*())*(&*&*^%*%^%& C because
he **********d it"
(2 Seconds) Person A - > Person B: "Come Again; I didn't get that."

(2 Seconds) Person B -> Person A: "Sorry, I didn't get all that; Did you
want me to go with you to the car dealership to buy a new Truck?"

(2 seconds) Person A-> Person B - "Huh? There must be some mistake. I
want to know where you parked the truck."

(2 seconds) Person B-> Person A: "I dont know, Ask person C because he
parked it"

(2 seconds) Person A-> Person C: "Where %^&*()(&*&(* you ()()()(_)(_)(_)(
van?"

(2 seconds) Person C -> Person A "I can't understand you; call me on my cell
phone"

Total Nextel overhead connection time: 10 seconds for connects; actual
conversation time is unpredictable, as the audio quality is too undependable
to have a straight conversation whithout addiding additional time for
repeating or explaining what you just didn't say.

---------------------Verizon imulation--------------------------------------
(15 seconds) Person A -> Person B : "Where did you park the truck?"
(2 seconds) Person B- > Person A: "I dont know, Ask person C because
he parked it"
(15 seconds) Person A-> Person C: "Where did you park the van?"
(2 seconds) Person C -> Person A "Its behind the stage"
(15 seconds) Person A -> Person B "Can you go get the cables from the
truck since you are closest"

Total Verizon overhead connection time: 47 seconds
This long delay is due to the person having to end then intiate calls
to different people. The 15 seconds is were a new connection is made.

> I am not a Nextel or a Verizon advocate. I want people to be educated
> in what PTT is and what it is used for and how it should work. If you
> do not need a responsive PTT, by all means, use Verizon. I do for my
> personal cell phone. If you need a responsive PTT, use Nextel.

VZ PTT still has a way to go. It is unlikely it will ever be as quick as
Nextel PTT, as they are 2 different animals. However, if my life was
depending on interaction with someone else, I would rather lose a minute
with slow dependable communcations compared to quick unintelligibility.

This is probably why Snipers dont use short barrelled full automatic
weapons, and why Hollywood insists on showing a scene where the villian
alswua screws a surpressor on a wheel gun. A single, well placed projectile
is far more effective than causing eventual medical hardship on the tatrget
due to lead poisioning from the dust in the air created by flying bullets
from a full auto lead dispensing system; just because it is faster......

I found that I can forgo a lot of showmanship for a little dependability;
but that seems to be a foreign idea in today's society.

It's kinda like the old Bull explaining to the yearling that you don't run
out in the pasture to service one cow; you walk down there and service them
all.

Your Mileage May Vary........................

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I needed to change your numbers a little..........see below. I believe this
is mot accurate........... and you forgot to take into account that the
Nextel failure rate is very high compared that to Verizon. Your 2 second
intervals are at optimum performance.................NOT!!!!! LMFAO

<infinitisound@yahoo.com> wrote in message
..

> ---------------------Nextel
> simulation--------------------------------------
> (2 seconds) Person A -> Person B : "Where did you park the truck?"
> (2 seconds) Person B- > Person A: "I dont know, Ask person C because
> he parked it"
> (2 seconds) Person A-> Person C: "Where did you park the van?"
> (2 seconds) Person C -> Person A "Its behind the stage"
> (2 seconds) Person A -> Person B "Can you go get the cables from the
> truck since you are closest"
>
> Total Nextel overhead connection time: 10 seconds
>
> ---------------------Verizon
> simulation--------------------------------------
> (7 seconds) Person A -> Person B : "Where did you park the truck?"
> (1.5 seconds) Person B- > Person A: "I dont know, Ask person C because
> he parked it"
> (7 seconds) Person A-> Person C: "Where did you park the van?"
> (1.5 seconds) Person C -> Person A "Its behind the stage"
> (7 seconds) Person A -> Person B "Can you go get the cables from the
> truck since you are closest"
>
> Total Verizon overhead connection time: 24 seconds
> This long delay is due to the person having to end then intiate calls
> to different people. The 7 seconds is were a new connection is made.
>

> I am not a Nextel or a Verizon advocate. I want people to be educated
> in what PTT is and what it is used for and how it should work. If you
> do not need a responsive PTT, by all means, use Verizon. I do for my
> personal cell phone. If you need a responsive PTT, use Nextel.

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

The 2 second contact time is fairly consistent; as long as you don't get the
unavailable tone when you start the conversation. or in the middle of a
conversation; causing you to drop connection.

The key timing cycle here is how many minutes does it take to get an
understandable 5 second voice exchange with the other party.

VZ may personify be the Turtle and the Hare revisited, and we all know the
outcome of that parable......

>I needed to change your numbers a little..........see below. I believe
>this is mot accurate........... and you forgot to take into account that
>the Nextel failure rate is very high compared that to Verizon. Your 2
>second intervals are at optimum performance.................NOT!!!!!
>LMFAO
>
> <infinitisound@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> .
>>
>> ---------------------Nextel
>> simulation--------------------------------------
>> (2 seconds) Person A -> Person B : "Where did you park the truck?"
>> (2 seconds) Person B- > Person A: "I dont know, Ask person C because
>> he parked it"
>> (2 seconds) Person A-> Person C: "Where did you park the van?"
>> (2 seconds) Person C -> Person A "Its behind the stage"
>> (2 seconds) Person A -> Person B "Can you go get the cables from the
>> truck since you are closest"
>>
>> Total Nextel overhead connection time: 10 seconds
>>
>> ---------------------Verizon
>> simulation--------------------------------------
>> (7 seconds) Person A -> Person B : "Where did you park the truck?"
>> (1.5 seconds) Person B- > Person A: "I dont know, Ask person C because
>> he parked it"
>> (7 seconds) Person A-> Person C: "Where did you park the van?"
>> (1.5 seconds) Person C -> Person A "Its behind the stage"
>> (7 seconds) Person A -> Person B "Can you go get the cables from the
>> truck since you are closest"
>>
>> Total Verizon overhead connection time: 24 seconds
>> This long delay is due to the person having to end then intiate calls
>> to different people. The 7 seconds is were a new connection is made.
>>

>> I am not a Nextel or a Verizon advocate. I want people to be educated
>> in what PTT is and what it is used for and how it should work. If you
>> do not need a responsive PTT, by all means, use Verizon. I do for my
>> personal cell phone. If you need a responsive PTT, use Nextel.

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Hasn't Happened Yet.......3 Days and not one garbled dropped connection.
Verizon finally got their act together. Can You Hear Me Now!!! And on top
of that I can actually make a clear intelligible phone call. Can't do that
with Nextel.

<dalite01@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> The 2 second contact time is fairly consistent; as long as you don't get
> the unavailable tone when you start the conversation. or in the middle of
> a conversation; causing you to drop connection.
>
> The key timing cycle here is how many minutes does it take to get an
> understandable 5 second voice exchange with the other party.
>
> VZ may personify be the Turtle and the Hare revisited, and we all know the
> outcome of that parable......
>
> "Jimmie James" <james@james.com> wrote in message
>>I needed to change your numbers a little..........see below. I believe
>>this is mot accurate........... and you forgot to take into account that
>>the Nextel failure rate is very high compared that to Verizon. Your 2
>>second intervals are at optimum performance.................NOT!!!!! LMFAO
>>
>> <infinitisound@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> .
>>>
>>> ---------------------Nextel
>>> simulation--------------------------------------
>>> (2 seconds) Person A -> Person B : "Where did you park the truck?"
>>> (2 seconds) Person B- > Person A: "I dont know, Ask person C because
>>> he parked it"
>>> (2 seconds) Person A-> Person C: "Where did you park the van?"
>>> (2 seconds) Person C -> Person A "Its behind the stage"
>>> (2 seconds) Person A -> Person B "Can you go get the cables from the
>>> truck since you are closest"
>>>
>>> Total Nextel overhead connection time: 10 seconds
>>>
>>> ---------------------Verizon
>>> simulation--------------------------------------
>>> (7 seconds) Person A -> Person B : "Where did you park the truck?"
>>> (1.5 seconds) Person B- > Person A: "I dont know, Ask person C because
>>> he parked it"
>>> (7 seconds) Person A-> Person C: "Where did you park the van?"
>>> (1.5 seconds) Person C -> Person A "Its behind the stage"
>>> (7 seconds) Person A -> Person B "Can you go get the cables from the
>>> truck since you are closest"
>>>
>>> Total Verizon overhead connection time: 24 seconds
>>> This long delay is due to the person having to end then intiate calls
>>> to different people. The 7 seconds is were a new connection is made.
>>>

>>> I am not a Nextel or a Verizon advocate. I want people to be educated
>>> in what PTT is and what it is used for and how it should work. If you
>>> do not need a responsive PTT, by all means, use Verizon. I do for my
>>> personal cell phone. If you need a responsive PTT, use Nextel.

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

WELL SAID...........Could not have said it better. Go VERIZON.... 2Thumbs
Up... Can you hear me now!!!!