Howdy,

I am experimenting with expansionists on SID level with the idea of getting
huts to stay in the game at the early stages.

I am yet to find a tech, a settler or a city...is it even possible at SID
level to get these outcomes?

Also, very rare to get a Luxury (let alone multiples), I assume these are
being massively skewed aswell.

Any info greatly appreciated

Cheers
Eden

"Eden R" <edroy@zip.com.au> wrote in message
> Howdy,
>
> I am experimenting with expansionists on SID level with the idea of
> getting huts to stay in the game at the early stages.
>
> I am yet to find a tech, a settler or a city...is it even possible at SID
> level to get these outcomes?
>
> Also, very rare to get a Luxury (let alone multiples), I assume these are
> being massively skewed aswell.

My understanding is that good things from goody huts become rarer as the
difficulty level increases. They probably made it not possible at sid level.

Luxuries are dependant on the map, not the difficulty level.

"The Stare" <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote in

> "Eden R" <edroy@zip.com.au> wrote in message
>> Howdy,
>>
>> I am experimenting with expansionists on SID level with the idea
>> of getting huts to stay in the game at the early stages.
>>
>> I am yet to find a tech, a settler or a city...is it even
>> possible at SID level to get these outcomes?
>>
>> Also, very rare to get a Luxury (let alone multiples), I assume
>> these are being massively skewed aswell.
>
> My understanding is that good things from goody huts become rarer
> as the difficulty level increases. They probably made it not
> possible at sid level.
>
> Luxuries are dependant on the map, not the difficulty level.

Also, to get a settler you have to be behind in cities and not be
producing a settler when you pop the hut. IIRC.

--
ICQ: 8105495
AIM: KeeperGFA

daran

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

On 9 Oct 2004 17:47:04 GMT Kevin 'Keeper' Foster <thekeeper@canada.com>
wrote in message <Xns957D8C4143264kdfosterrogerscom@130.133.1.4>...

> Also, to get a settler you have to be behind in cities and not be
> producing a settler when you pop the hut. IIRC.

I knew about having to be behind in cities. (not a problem, because it's
always the case for me). I did not know that you must not be producing a
settler. I guess its worth switching all your cities' production to
something else when you come to pop a hut.

There's always something new to learn about this game.

Daran

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words;
on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them
unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary. -- James D. Nicoll

"Daran" <daranSPAMg@lineone.net> wrote in message
> On 9 Oct 2004 17:47:04 GMT Kevin 'Keeper' Foster <thekeeper@canada.com>
> wrote in message <Xns957D8C4143264kdfosterrogerscom@130.133.1.4>...
>
>> Also, to get a settler you have to be behind in cities and not be
>> producing a settler when you pop the hut. IIRC.
>
> I knew about having to be behind in cities. (not a problem, because it's
> always the case for me). I did not know that you must not be producing a
> settler. I guess its worth switching all your cities' production to
> something else when you come to pop a hut.
>
> There's always something new to learn about this game.

You cannot have a settler in existance either.