is there another program to log all the activity on messen..

is there another program to log all the activity on messenger

I have kids and i want to see what they've been typing in msn, because i
don't trust the persons they have contact with. and i wan't to check it with
another program because they'll see that they've been logging, with the
other program maybe not.

Greetz

Thank you for help
4 answers Last reply
More about program activity messen

    There is a free program called MSG3 Plus authored by Patchou..
    unfortunately, it loads spyware too which then has to be removed by Adaware
    and Spybot.. easy enough to do.. links provided

    http://www.msgplus.net/ .. the program

    http://www.lavasoftusa.com .. Adaware

    http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html .. Spybot

    You could also use a Keystroke logger

    http://keystroke-loggers.staticusers.net/

    http://www.KeyGhost.com/SX

    "Mike Hall" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > There is a free program called MSG3 Plus authored by Patchou..
    > unfortunately, it loads spyware too which then has to be removed by
    Adaware
    > and Spybot

    Slight correction there Mike.

    The program is called Messenger Plus (MsgPlus), not MSG3 Plus. The OPTIONAL
    adware/spyware package (call it what you will) provided by C2Media is not
    mandatory, and can be left out of the installation by selecting the "I
    REFUSE" radio button on the THIRD screen of the installation. The screen in
    question looks like a EULA for MsgPlus, but it displays "Sponsor Setup"
    directly above the EULA text box. Selecting "I Refuse" will grey out the
    agreement window and the program can be installed as normal without any
    surprises being additionally installed to your system.

    To the OP of the topic, the program can be downloaded from www.msgplus.net
    and if the above instructions are followed you should have no problems. If
    problems do occur then please ask for assistance before trying to use the
    multitude of removal programs posted by Mike Hall.

    Many thanks,
    Brian!

    Brian

    I will admit to rather corrupting the name of the program (ty for the
    correction), but the correct link was given.. You would be surprised at how
    many people miss the check boxes that ensure no spyware is installed..

    Also, the first three links were for Messenger Plus, Spybot and Adaware..
    the latter two links are very useful if the OP does not already have them,
    especially if he misses the checkbox..

    The other two links are for hardware devices that could surreptitiously be
    installed and not as easily detected by kids as an addition to the Messenger
    menu would be..

    > Brian
    >
    > I will admit to rather corrupting the name of the program (ty for the
    > correction), but the correct link was given.. You would be surprised at
    how
    > many people miss the check boxes that ensure no spyware is installed..
    >
    > Also, the first three links were for Messenger Plus, Spybot and Adaware..
    > the latter two links are very useful if the OP does not already have them,
    > especially if he misses the checkbox..
    >
    > The other two links are for hardware devices that could surreptitiously be
    > installed and not as easily detected by kids as an addition to the
    Messenger
    > menu would be..

    I'm aware that the correct links were given, and I also run my system with
    Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D as well. They are both very good programs.

    Trust me, after sitting in the Plus! Forums for several hours, I can well
    believe how many people don't read what they are installing. The advice
    given in my first message should ensure that those people that don't like
    the idea of 'extra' items being added to their system can keep the extra
    items out of their system, unless they don't read my advice of course ;-)

    If you notice my last line of the previous message, I only refer to the
    removal tools (Spybot and Ad-aware), and not to try to use them to remove
    the 'surprises' prior to following the tried and tested method of removing
    the C2Media installer. I've not loaded the other two programs myself, so
    cannot comment on their pros or cons, but do either of these icons add an
    extra icon to the systray? I know that Plus! does not, and the only way of
    checking is if you have the main messenger window.

    As for the checkbox, it is actually a radio button, and the MsgPlus install
    will not continue until an option has been selected on the "Sponsor Setup"
    screen.

Messenger Microsoft Windows XP