Wireless G Cards

For what it's worth, I tried several wireless G PCMCIA cards that had to go
about 50 feet thru four walls. A Motorola, Linksys and Buffalo cards would
get a low signal about 18M . A AT&T card gets an excellent 54M signal, the
notebook computer was in the same location, all connected to a Motorola
Wireless G box.
I don't know why this is except that the AT&T uses different chips in it
that the other cards I mentioned.
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless cards

    "Alvin Combs" <acombs@cox.net> wrote in message
    > For what it's worth, I tried several wireless G PCMCIA cards that had to
    go
    > about 50 feet thru four walls. A Motorola, Linksys and Buffalo cards
    would
    > get a low signal about 18M . A AT&T card gets an excellent 54M signal,
    the
    > notebook computer was in the same location, all connected to a Motorola
    > Wireless G box.
    > I don't know why this is except that the AT&T uses different chips in it
    > that the other cards I mentioned.

    Have you also seen how the receive sensitivity of different cards affects
    the speed ranges available.

    regards

    Andrew

Wireless At&T Wireless Networking