Wireless G Cards

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
June 30, 2004 3:49:57 AM

For what it's worth, I tried several wireless G PCMCIA cards that had to go
about 50 feet thru four walls. A Motorola, Linksys and Buffalo cards would
get a low signal about 18M . A AT&T card gets an excellent 54M signal, the
notebook computer was in the same location, all connected to a Motorola
Wireless G box.
I don't know why this is except that the AT&T uses different chips in it
that the other cards I mentioned.

More about : wireless cards

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 30, 2004 3:32:45 PM

"Alvin Combs" <acombs@cox.net> wrote in message
news:p LqEc.23150$wS2.18746@okepread03...
> For what it's worth, I tried several wireless G PCMCIA cards that had to
go
> about 50 feet thru four walls. A Motorola, Linksys and Buffalo cards
would
> get a low signal about 18M . A AT&T card gets an excellent 54M signal,
the
> notebook computer was in the same location, all connected to a Motorola
> Wireless G box.
> I don't know why this is except that the AT&T uses different chips in it
> that the other cards I mentioned.

Have you also seen how the receive sensitivity of different cards affects
the speed ranges available.

regards

Andrew
!