Machine Hangs....answer (?)

A couple of months ago I wrote here about my machine hanging up during the
game.
It then seemed to spread to the rest of my machine.
The suggestions I got were all great and I followed most all of them to no
avail.
Finally on one occasion that my machine hung up I got one of those XP report
problem
boxes that took me to MS and their recommendation about new software for my
CD-ROM.
Got the new Oak Tech software and it's been running fine ever since. ( hope
I don't jinx myself now).
I had missed the CD software when I updated EVERY driver and BIOS on my
system.
Thanks to all that tried to help.
Xeno

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 18:02:34 GMT, "Xeno Chauvin"
<arfulbrank@houston.rr.com> wrote:

>A couple of months ago I wrote here about my machine hanging up during the
>game.
>It then seemed to spread to the rest of my machine.
>The suggestions I got were all great and I followed most all of them to no
>avail.
>Finally on one occasion that my machine hung up I got one of those XP report
>problem
>boxes that took me to MS and their recommendation about new software for my
>CD-ROM.
>Got the new Oak Tech software and it's been running fine ever since. ( hope
>I don't jinx myself now).
>I had missed the CD software when I updated EVERY driver and BIOS on my
>system.
>Thanks to all that tried to help.
>Xeno

Do you know if that was a driver or firmware update? No one probably
mentioned that since we don't really know what Fraxis is doing with
the security disk. Normally a CDrom shouldn't be a problem.

"P12" <nowhere@all.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 18:02:34 GMT, "Xeno Chauvin"
> <arfulbrank@houston.rr.com> wrote:
>
> Do you know if that was a driver or firmware update? No one probably
> mentioned that since we don't really know what Fraxis is doing with
> the security disk. Normally a CD-ROM shouldn't be a problem.

I'm assuming ,since it was from Oak Technologies that it was a driver
update?
Firmware would have come from the manufacturer of the CD-drive itself
would it not?
Xeno