MSN Messenger 6.2 connection problem

Hi,

I've read the posts on audio problems suffered by some other users and tried
the solutions, but I cannot get audio to work from outsice my LAN, but video
works perfectly. When I try to establish an audio conversation with someone
outside of my LAN it simply indicated 'connecting' for 10-15s and then fails,
but it works perfectly within the LAN. My set-up is 4 computers within the
LAN (3 XP SP2 and 1 win2000) I'm using a D-link DSL-604+ router (Upnp
enabled) and ZoneAlarm firewall (ports opened and all computers added to
trusted zone - including the ones I'm trying to communicate to outstide of
the LAN). I have QoS disabled too.

Can you help?
2 answers Last reply
More about messenger connection problem

    I have been suffering with the same problem now for at
    least 2 weeks. You need to click on your LAN connection
    and enter the properties section. Once in there go to
    Authentication and uncheck the 'Enable the IEEE 802.1x
    authentication' and it should work after that.

    Wish you Luck

    Michael Abboud

    Hi,

    Thanks for the idea, but I've checked my set-up and I don't have the IEEE
    authentication enaabled on any of my machines.

    Are there any other suggestions?

    "Michael Abboud" wrote:

    > I have been suffering with the same problem now for at
    > least 2 weeks. You need to click on your LAN connection
    > and enter the properties section. Once in there go to
    > Authentication and uncheck the 'Enable the IEEE 802.1x
    > authentication' and it should work after that.
    >
    > Wish you Luck
    >
    > Michael Abboud

LAN Audio MSN Messenger Windows XP