Asylum gf4 ti4200 128mb looking good!

frewOFstew

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2001
Have posted before about this card...started out at around 8014 and after upgrading drivers and tweaking...was getting high benchmarks 9042 on Fic Ad11, pc2100 ddr, 1.4 athlon; with no glitches at all...well after putting it in a shuttle ak35gt2 with pc2700, 2100+ amd cpu and working out some bios bugs and cpu settings (with community help)...my first benchmark came out to 10236 (and this card is not an OCer)...and I haven't even started to configure refresh rate and drivers (except for driver upgrades & making sure v/sync was off). Good card...not to mention that even when I emailed BFG Tech. about adapter defaults and monitor refresh rates...they got right back to me with the info I requested. Just wanted to make a note of this because I know that people are always wondering which card and manufacturer to go with...I would add it to the other good cards mentioned...P.S. Thanx again Noko for alerting community to the sale.

HolyShiznit

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2002
What's the price of this card? I'm interested because of the Tom's VGA marks, the 64MB Ti4200's typically outperform the 128's I thought.

Those are really good 3dMark scores.

<font color=blue>
--------------------------------------------------
Guns kill people just like spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.
<font color=blue>

frewOFstew

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2001
Well I was very fortunate...I looked in here after thankgiving..and somebody posted that it was on sale for $89.00 at Best Buy with rebate...I busted a tranny leak running for it (really! lol)...they had a two day six hour sale...marked it up I think to $199.00...at register they charged $157.00 (said instant rebate) and also gave a $55.00 mail in rebate. You know I just went to site to check (thinking that maybe 157.00 was the real price...but it's really $199.00). Check it out right after xmas...maybe they will do the 2 day six hour sale again. Also, yes I am impressed with the speed also and I know I can get more easy, but in my new system it seems to be rebooting during really fast games (shooters). Yet, all my parts are new and I am still trying to figure it out. In my old system it was stable as can be...but this card is aggressive (seems like every improvement makes it faster) and if it's heat I will figure a way to cool it (maybe better fan or heat sink) or back off my other settings...when playing though still no graphic glitches. good luck

HolyShiznit

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2002
That is an excellent price you paid for that card. About the restarting of system during games......what is your power supply rated at? 250W? 300W?

<font color=blue>
--------------------------------------------------
Guns kill people just like spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.
<font color=blue>

frewOFstew

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2001
I am using a 400w generic supply...will post name when I open it. I seemed to have fixed the rebooting in 3dmark...but have to try games again...happened about three times last nite in a shooter...I am trying again tonight. If it comes down to heat sink and fan, I guess I will have to learn how to change them... And yes, thank you, price was fantastic...am hoping there will be more sales for this card and ones like it; for folks...it was a real gift. For now, I will keep trying bios and driver configurations...hoping that it will be that easy. One thing I did try... was to raise the cpu core voltage up a bit ...but not sure how high is safe for 2100+ . My score went up again to 10415...I am going to try a game now at this level...to check stability. Will post back.