How do you create scenarios?

I've used the scenario editor which comes with CIV3 and have made a
few scenarios starting from scratch with one settler and one worker.
But how do you add cities, city improvements, units and other such
things to a scenario. The editor doesn't seem to let you do it. I'd
like to make my own scenarios like the ones included in the Conquests
add on. I'd like to make my own World War II scenario and preplace
cities, improvements, and units around a map. But how do you place
cities around a map in predetermined locations and then edit their
improvements and production? Do you have to download a special
scenario editor for that?

Thanks for any help,

Gary

PS, please don't respond to my e-mail address. It's so full of SPAM I
don't even look at the in-box anymore. Thanks again.

"Gary Childress" <grchildrss@aol.com> wrote in message
> I've used the scenario editor which comes with CIV3 and have made a
> few scenarios starting from scratch with one settler and one worker.
> But how do you add cities, city improvements, units and other such
> things to a scenario. The editor doesn't seem to let you do it. I'd
> like to make my own scenarios like the ones included in the Conquests
> add on. I'd like to make my own World War II scenario and preplace
> cities, improvements, and units around a map. But how do you place
> cities around a map in predetermined locations and then edit their
> improvements and production? Do you have to download a special
> scenario editor for that?

The vanilla civ3 editor is extremely limited. Most scenarios are being made
with the C3C editor now, although the PTW editor is much more robust than
VC3. Visit the creation & customization forums at www.civfanatics.com for
information and tips.

> Gary
>
> PS, please don't respond to my e-mail address. It's so full of SPAM I
> don't even look at the in-box anymore. Thanks again.

You wouldn't get so much spam (not to mention emailed virii) if you hid your
email address on these newsgroups. I'm suprised AOL doesn't have an
automatic spam filter for you to configure.

"The Stare" <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote in message news:<O2Ggd.1410$7B2.685@news01.roc.ny>...
> "Gary Childress" <grchildrss@aol.com> wrote in message
> > I've used the scenario editor which comes with CIV3 and have made a
> > few scenarios starting from scratch with one settler and one worker.
> > But how do you add cities, city improvements, units and other such
> > things to a scenario. The editor doesn't seem to let you do it. I'd
> > like to make my own scenarios like the ones included in the Conquests
> > add on. I'd like to make my own World War II scenario and preplace
> > cities, improvements, and units around a map. But how do you place
> > cities around a map in predetermined locations and then edit their
> > improvements and production? Do you have to download a special
> > scenario editor for that?
>
> The vanilla civ3 editor is extremely limited. Most scenarios are being made
> with the C3C editor now, although the PTW editor is much more robust than
> VC3. Visit the creation & customization forums at www.civfanatics.com for
> information and tips.
>

> > Gary
> >
> > PS, please don't respond to my e-mail address. It's so full of SPAM I
> > don't even look at the in-box anymore. Thanks again.
>
> You wouldn't get so much spam (not to mention emailed virii) if you hid your
> email address on these newsgroups. I'm suprised AOL doesn't have an
> automatic spam filter for you to configure.

Thank you for the reply! I visited the fanatics web site but was
unable to find a scenario editor that did what I'm looking to do.
Maybe I wasn't looking in the right place, I don't know. I'll check
again this evening.

I have the Conquests expansion with its editor and do like it much
better than vanilla civ 3, but I don't see how to place cities nor
units on a map even with the Conquests editor. There are two buttons
on the tool bar, one labeled "select city" and the other labeled
"select unit" but they are permanently grayed out and I can't get them
active no matter what I click. Is there some trick I'm missing? What
are other people using to make premade scenarios? How can I preplace
units around on a map? I'm completely puzzled.

Also, is there a way to turn a saved game into a .biq file or scenario
file? For instance I have some saved games that I'd like to turn into
scenarios and then tweak the rules and map.

Thanks again for your help!

Gary

> Thank you for the reply! I visited the fanatics web site but was
> unable to find a scenario editor that did what I'm looking to do.
> Maybe I wasn't looking in the right place, I don't know. I'll check
> again this evening.

There are no separate scenario editors.

> I have the Conquests expansion with its editor and do like it much
> better than vanilla civ 3, but I don't see how to place cities nor
> units on a map even with the Conquests editor. There are two buttons
> on the tool bar, one labeled "select city" and the other labeled
> "select unit" but they are permanently grayed out and I can't get them
> active no matter what I click. Is there some trick I'm missing? What
> are other people using to make premade scenarios? How can I preplace
> units around on a map? I'm completely puzzled.

You need to set an active player (civ) first.

> Also, is there a way to turn a saved game into a .biq file or scenario
> file? For instance I have some saved games that I'd like to turn into
> scenarios and then tweak the rules and map.

No way to do that.

"The Stare" <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> skrev i meddelelsen

>> Also, is there a way to turn a saved game into a .biq file or scenario
>> file? For instance I have some saved games that I'd like to turn into
>> scenarios and then tweak the rules and map.
> No way to do that.

Only to write a bunch of 0's and 1's in the right succession... :)

--
Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u