Trouble entering hotmail via messenger

October 6, 2004 11:33:06 AM

I recently upgraded to the Windows XP service pack 2. Ever since then, my
messenger hasn't been working to log me into my hotmail account. Originally
it brought me to my outlook express mail. I changed my settings to have
Hotmail as my default and now when I sign in and click "inbox" it brings me
to the hotmail.com page. Obviously I have to sign in again. This never
happened with the old version, please help.
Anonymous
October 6, 2004 3:14:03 PM

Greetings,

Actually, the SP2 version of Windows Messenger doesn't support Add-Ins, so this feature is
now gone.

To quickly fix this, simply downgrade back to the previous version from here:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b4...

You'll also need the MSN Add-In:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=73...
Jonathan Kay