Trouble entering hotmail via messenger

I recently upgraded to the Windows XP service pack 2. Ever since then, my
messenger hasn't been working to log me into my hotmail account. Originally
it brought me to my outlook express mail. I changed my settings to have
Hotmail as my default and now when I sign in and click "inbox" it brings me
to the hotmail.com page. Obviously I have to sign in again. This never
happened with the old version, please help.
1 answer Last reply
More about trouble entering hotmail messenger

    Greetings,

    Actually, the SP2 version of Windows Messenger doesn't support Add-Ins, so this feature is
    now gone.

    To quickly fix this, simply downgrade back to the previous version from here:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4

    You'll also need the MSN Add-In:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "cusrich" <cusrich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently upgraded to the Windows XP service pack 2. Ever since then, my
    > messenger hasn't been working to log me into my hotmail account. Originally
    > it brought me to my outlook express mail. I changed my settings to have
    > Hotmail as my default and now when I sign in and click "inbox" it brings me
    > to the hotmail.com page. Obviously I have to sign in again. This never
    > happened with the old version, please help.

Hotmail Messenger Windows XP