Video card upgrade for Dell Dimension 4700C

Last response: in Computer Brands
a b U Graphics card
August 20, 2005 6:32:53 PM

I bought the 4700C just after New Years and I only got the basic video
card that Dell includes. I would like to upgrade it but am having
trouble finding a video card PCIe that fits inside the smaller than
normal tower.

Any suggestions?

BB
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 20, 2005 10:25:49 PM

64MB ATI Radeon X300 SE
In half-height version, of course. Any card you get will have to be of the
half-height persuasion.

"Big Banger 57" <kjamiller@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
news:o aHNe.44412$576.626@fe02.news.easynews.com...
>I bought the 4700C just after New Years and I only got the basic video
> card that Dell includes. I would like to upgrade it but am having
> trouble finding a video card PCIe that fits inside the smaller than
> normal tower.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> BB

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 24, 2005 3:33:48 AM

Thanks for the info.....are half cards popular? I'm having a bit of a
problem trying to locate one. I also assume that they would come
larger than the 64MB...
a b U Graphics card
August 24, 2005 3:48:28 AM

They're actually a little rare. Not that many small form factor machines.
I'd try www.buy.com. You can tell from the pictures if they're small
enough. Some may require you changing the 'end panel'.

Tom
> Thanks for the info.....are half cards popular? I'm having a bit of a
> problem trying to locate one. I also assume that they would come
> larger than the 64MB...

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 24, 2005 4:26:52 AM

Half height cards of all types are rare, because small form factor computers
with half height board slots are equally rare. Dell, HPaq, and IBM make them.
Maybe Gateway, too.

The companies that pursue the aftermarket upgrades put their energies where the
largest volume is: normal sized board slots... Ben Myers

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 23:33:48 GMT, kjamiller@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (Big
Banger 57) wrote:

>Thanks for the info.....are half cards popular? I'm having a bit of a
>problem trying to locate one. I also assume that they would come
>larger than the 64MB...

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 24, 2005 8:36:51 PM