Video card upgrade for Dell Dimension 4700C

I bought the 4700C just after New Years and I only got the basic video
card that Dell includes. I would like to upgrade it but am having
trouble finding a video card PCIe that fits inside the smaller than
normal tower.

Any suggestions?

BB
5 answers Last reply
More about video card upgrade dell dimension 4700c

    64MB ATI Radeon X300 SE
    In half-height version, of course. Any card you get will have to be of the
    half-height persuasion.

    "Big Banger 57" <kjamiller@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    >I bought the 4700C just after New Years and I only got the basic video
    > card that Dell includes. I would like to upgrade it but am having
    > trouble finding a video card PCIe that fits inside the smaller than
    > normal tower.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > BB

    Thanks for the info.....are half cards popular? I'm having a bit of a
    problem trying to locate one. I also assume that they would come
    larger than the 64MB...

    They're actually a little rare. Not that many small form factor machines.
    I'd try www.buy.com. You can tell from the pictures if they're small
    enough. Some may require you changing the 'end panel'.

    Tom
    > Thanks for the info.....are half cards popular? I'm having a bit of a
    > problem trying to locate one. I also assume that they would come
    > larger than the 64MB...

    Half height cards of all types are rare, because small form factor computers
    with half height board slots are equally rare. Dell, HPaq, and IBM make them.
    Maybe Gateway, too.

    The companies that pursue the aftermarket upgrades put their energies where the
    largest volume is: normal sized board slots... Ben Myers

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 23:33:48 GMT, kjamiller@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (Big
    Banger 57) wrote:

    >Thanks for the info.....are half cards popular? I'm having a bit of a
    >problem trying to locate one. I also assume that they would come
    >larger than the 64MB...

    Thank you for the info...

    BB

Dell Graphics Cards Dimension Computers