Fight Back!!!! Call 866-266-6600

Buck

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Recently an email was circulating talking about how telemarketers were
about to be able to call cell phones and that we should post our number to
the FTC's Do Not Call list.

We were told that wasn't necessarily true.

However...coincidentally myself and others have started receiving recorded
calls on our cells that start off with "This is not a telemarketing call or
a solicitation"

It asks us to call a phone number 866-266-6600. So I did. I politely
mentioned to the person who answered that the number they called was listed
on the national do not call registry.

So the individual tells me that the registry 'doesn't apply to them'
because 'they are not solicitizing' and that 'the next time somebody tells
you that they are not solicitizing..believe it' AND HANGS UP!!!

So it's bad enough that we have jerks using our minutes with dumbass
recorded messages. When you POLITELY try and deal with them they get
rude!!!

Now the person who answered at 866-266-6600, once again that's 866-266-
6600, DID say that they were 'looking for certain people'. So I figured the
LEAST I could do was post their number in the hopes that I could help them
find who they are looking for.

I think we should all call this gentleman and let him know how much we
appreciate unasked for recorded solicitations. Unless we fight back,,,this
type of nonsense will spread....quickly.

Thanks

Buck wrote:

> <snip>

From https://www.donotcall.gov:

"The National Do Not Call Registry gives you a choice about whether to
receive telemarketing calls at home. Most telemarketers should not call
your number once it has been on the registry for 31 days. If they do,
you can file a complaint at this Website. You can register your home or
mobile phone for free. Your registration will be effective for five years."

Notan

Gee,
Nice spam. What's that number again? Can I call it 24/7?
"Buck" <buckeyefan@buckey.com> wrote in message
> Recently an email was circulating talking about how telemarketers were
> about to be able to call cell phones and that we should post our number to
> the FTC's Do Not Call list.
>
> We were told that wasn't necessarily true.
>
> However...coincidentally myself and others have started receiving
recorded
> calls on our cells that start off with "This is not a telemarketing call
or
> a solicitation"
>
> It asks us to call a phone number 866-266-6600. So I did. I politely
> mentioned to the person who answered that the number they called was
listed
> on the national do not call registry.
>
> So the individual tells me that the registry 'doesn't apply to them'
> because 'they are not solicitizing' and that 'the next time somebody tells
> you that they are not solicitizing..believe it' AND HANGS UP!!!
>
> So it's bad enough that we have jerks using our minutes with dumbass
> recorded messages. When you POLITELY try and deal with them they get
> rude!!!
>
> Now the person who answered at 866-266-6600, once again that's 866-266-
> 6600, DID say that they were 'looking for certain people'. So I figured
the
> LEAST I could do was post their number in the hopes that I could help them
> find who they are looking for.
>
> I think we should all call this gentleman and let him know how much we
> appreciate unasked for recorded solicitations. Unless we fight back,,,this
> type of nonsense will spread....quickly.
>
> Thanks

Well, <duh> I'm not calling it, but an FYI: there is a downside: 800
numbers display your phone number even if you block it from your side.
Something about them paying for the call. So if you do "fight back <duh>"
you are giving them your number, and it may not be as much fun as you hoped
if they start calling you for real.

Must be a hot topic, yahoo found: 104,000 hits for 866-266-6600 I didn't
look any further to see who/if they were. Don't care. dr
--
dr.news Better Price? (not better than you deserve, just more than you are
used to)

"Zman53" <zman53@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Gee,
> Nice spam. What's that number again? Can I call it 24/7?
> "Buck" <buckeyefan@buckey.com> wrote in message
>> Recently an email was circulating talking about how telemarketers were
>> about to be able to call cell phones and that we should post our number
>> the FTC's Do Not Call list.
>>
>> We were told that wasn't necessarily true.
>>
>> However...coincidentally myself and others have started receiving
> recorded
>> calls on our cells that start off with "This is not a telemarketing call
> or
>> a solicitation"
>>
>> It asks us to call a phone number 866-266-6600. So I did. I politely
>> mentioned to the person who answered that the number they called was
> listed
>> on the national do not call registry.
>>
>> So the individual tells me that the registry 'doesn't apply to them'
>> because 'they are not solicitizing' and that 'the next time somebody
>> tells
>> you that they are not solicitizing..believe it' AND HANGS UP!!!
>>
>> So it's bad enough that we have jerks using our minutes with dumbass
>> recorded messages. When you POLITELY try and deal with them they get
>> rude!!!
>>
>> Now the person who answered at 866-266-6600, once again that's 866-266-
>> 6600, DID say that they were 'looking for certain people'. So I figured
> the
>> LEAST I could do was post their number in the hopes that I could help
>> them
>> find who they are looking for.
>>
>> I think we should all call this gentleman and let him know how much we
>> appreciate unasked for recorded solicitations. Unless we fight
>> back,,,this
>> type of nonsense will spread....quickly.
>>
>> Thanks

mark

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:52:58 GMT, "dr.news"
<dr.news@better-price.biz.delete-the-obvious> wrote:

>Well, <duh> I'm not calling it, but an FYI: there is a downside: 800
>numbers display your phone number even if you block it from your side.
>Something about them paying for the call.

This is true. However, I have lots of phones at work in conference rooms
and public assist phones and lab phones.....not to mention the plethora of
pay phones that are still out there.

I like the idea of hitting asswipe spammers like this where it hurts.
Every call costs THEM money.

I had a problem a little while back just like this and posted the 800
number to one of the spam groups. The number was disconnected later in the
day.

Mark,

The POST is SPAM. Calling the number will provide the spammer with a number
they can then spam with text messages.

"Mark" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:52:58 GMT, "dr.news"
> <dr.news@better-price.biz.delete-the-obvious> wrote:
>
> >Well, <duh> I'm not calling it, but an FYI: there is a downside: 800
> >numbers display your phone number even if you block it from your side.
> >Something about them paying for the call.
>
> This is true. However, I have lots of phones at work in conference rooms
> and public assist phones and lab phones.....not to mention the plethora of
> pay phones that are still out there.
>
> I like the idea of hitting asswipe spammers like this where it hurts.
> Every call costs THEM money.
>
> I had a problem a little while back just like this and posted the 800
> number to one of the spam groups. The number was disconnected later in
the
> day.

mark

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:35:31 GMT, "Zman53" <zman53@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Mark,
>
>The POST is SPAM. Calling the number will provide the spammer with a number
>they can then spam with text messages.

If you call from a cell phone, yea I suppose. I called it from work
earlier today and left them on hold for a little over 30 minutes before I
decided to drop the call. Who do you think paid for that?

Spammers want to make money, not lose it. If masses do what I did, it will
hurt them.