MSN MESSENGER AND SP2

October 6, 2004 1:24:52 PM

Hi,

After I installed SP2, my MSN 6.2 is no longer
working.It's not opening the sign-on screen and I am
getting an error message:

"MSN Messenger has encountered a problem and needs to
close...."

Please advice ASAP!!

Thank you,

More about : msn messenger sp2

Anonymous
October 6, 2004 5:10:21 PM

Greetings,

In the error that apologizes for the inconvenience of Messenger shutting down, click the
"click here" link -- in the next screen, you'll see something like the
following: szAppName : msnsmgr.exe szAppVer : 6.2.0137.0 szModName : rpcrt4.dll

If you could reply back with what the szModName has in your error, would make it easier to
determine what the problem is.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"caddy" <caddy@carogroup.com> wrote in message news:012101c4abc1$021365c0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> After I installed SP2, my MSN 6.2 is no longer
> working.It's not opening the sign-on screen and I am
> getting an error message:
>
> "MSN Messenger has encountered a problem and needs to
> close...."
>
> Please advice ASAP!!
>
> Thank you,
October 6, 2004 5:10:22 PM