MSN MESSENGER AND SP2

Hi,

After I installed SP2, my MSN 6.2 is no longer
working.It's not opening the sign-on screen and I am
getting an error message:

"MSN Messenger has encountered a problem and needs to
close...."

Please advice ASAP!!

Thank you,
2 answers Last reply
More about messenger

    Greetings,

    In the error that apologizes for the inconvenience of Messenger shutting down, click the
    "click here" link -- in the next screen, you'll see something like the
    following: szAppName : msnsmgr.exe szAppVer : 6.2.0137.0 szModName : rpcrt4.dll

    If you could reply back with what the szModName has in your error, would make it easier to
    determine what the problem is.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "caddy" <caddy@carogroup.com> wrote in message news:012101c4abc1$021365c0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
    > Hi,
    >
    > After I installed SP2, my MSN 6.2 is no longer
    > working.It's not opening the sign-on screen and I am
    > getting an error message:
    >
    > "MSN Messenger has encountered a problem and needs to
    > close...."
    >
    > Please advice ASAP!!
    >
    > Thank you,

    Hi Jonathan,

    The details of the error are :

    " InPageError P1:C000009 P2:00000087"

    Jonathan Kay.

    >"caddy" <caddy@carogroup.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> After I installed SP2, my MSN 6.2 is no longer
    >> working.It's not opening the sign-on screen and I am
    >> getting an error message:
    >>
    >> "MSN Messenger has encountered a problem and needs to
    >> close...."
    >>
    >> Please advice ASAP!!
    >>
    >> Thank you,
    >

    >.

Messenger Microsoft MSN Messenger Error Message Windows XP