Stop Messenger from running, period!

October 7, 2004 9:34:50 AM

I once got a response from a Microsoft MVP regarding
ediiting the registry to stop Messenger from running. I
have reinstalled XP and need that info again. It was a
very small little change to one line in the registry, and
that would stop Messenger from popping up with those
annoying prompts. Anyone out there please help!
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 1:56:45 PM

Greetings Harry,

Like this?
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/disablemesse...
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"harry-o" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I once got a response from a Microsoft MVP regarding
> ediiting the registry to stop Messenger from running. I
> have reinstalled XP and need that info again. It was a
> very small little change to one line in the registry, and
> that would stop Messenger from popping up with those
> annoying prompts. Anyone out there please help!
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 6:21:35 PM

Even better than expected Jonathan. Thanks!

Kay.

>"harry-o" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>>I once got a response from a Microsoft MVP regarding
>> ediiting the registry to stop Messenger from running. I
>> have reinstalled XP and need that info again. It was a
>> very small little change to one line in the registry, and
>> that would stop Messenger from popping up with those
>> annoying prompts. Anyone out there please help!
>

>.

October 8, 2004 4:01:26 AM

Hi,

You're very welcome =)
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

> Even better than expected Jonathan. Thanks!

Anonymous
October 12, 2004 9:25:02 AM

Jonathan

Will this stop Messenger from running automatically when I start Windows
Media Player 9 but still allow my daughter to run messenger when she wants
it. Its only been a nuisance since I loaded SP2.

Cheers

casey

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings Harry,
>
> Like this?
> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/disablemesse...
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "harry-o" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I once got a response from a Microsoft MVP regarding
> > ediiting the registry to stop Messenger from running. I
> > have reinstalled XP and need that info again. It was a
> > very small little change to one line in the registry, and
> > that would stop Messenger from popping up with those
> > annoying prompts. Anyone out there please help!

Anonymous
October 12, 2004 4:34:13 PM

Hi Casey,

Yes, this will stop it from running totally.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

!