  • MSN
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
October 7, 2004 1:01:54 PM

I installed the MSN 7.0 beta. Today when i tryed to login
it says that there is a new version avalible (6.2) and that
I must download it to be able to continue. So i start the
download, but when the installation starts it says that
there already is a newer version installed (7.0). After
that the installation automaticly abort itself. There for I
can't login. But how do I solve this problem, how do i
totally remove MSN 7.0?

More about : totally remove msn

October 7, 2004 5:34:54 PM

Is it not listed in Add/Remove Programs?

"Martin" <martin_langby@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I installed the MSN 7.0 beta. Today when i tryed to login
> it says that there is a new version avalible (6.2) and that
> I must download it to be able to continue. So i start the
> download, but when the installation starts it says that
> there already is a newer version installed (7.0). After
> that the installation automaticly abort itself. There for I
> can't login. But how do I solve this problem, how do i
> totally remove MSN 7.0?
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 8:34:07 PM

To remove MSN Messenger 7, click the Start Menu --> Control Panel -->
Add/Remove. Inside Add/Remove, look for MSN Messenger 7 and select to remove
it.

If for some reason it isn't listed, simply re-run the installer file for MSN
Messenger 7 and click to Remove the software.

Sincerely,
Michael Katz [MVP - MSN Client]
--

!